cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't verify my account and can't make or receive phone calls

Banane12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Very weird day.

My account is fine, active. My account has been renewed 10 days ago.

I restarted my phone, update it, airplane mode and many more.

Can't make call and can't receive any.

I tried to create a ticket but when it comes to verifying the account, although I just used my username and password successfully, although I know my account pin, not the voicemail pin, and enter, etc...

NOTHING is working.

I'm a 3-year-PM user and never had any issue.

By the way, I changed my phone too, that doesn't fix receiving or making calls on a different phone neither.

HELP HELP HELP.

This is very I felt for the first time technical support.

13 REPLIES 13

Fantuz

My inbound/outbound calling resumed last night at 5 pm

softech
Oracle
Oracle

According to Telus outage page, there is confirmed outage in Sherbrooke, Quebec since this morning

But there is also another person reporting issue in the  Ottawa area. 

Agent_E

I reside in the GTA area. So far the signal strength sometimes jumps to 3 bars outdoors but still unable to make calls.

Banane12

As soon as I started driving away from my home, the service was fine. I came back from shopping, I still have the service at home. I have no doubt that this was an issue for a specific area, my area.

So, if anyone gets into a problem like this, I suggest you try everything mentioned here and lastly, change your location. If it comes come, it means the service was down for your postal code, only.

Fantuz

I am in Ottawa too, K1L postal code. Inbound/outbound calls not working

Fantuz

On my Samsung I do not have these options. (I am having the same inbound/outbound call issues). My options are:

GSM/HSPA/LTE

GSM/HSPA

GSM only

HSPA only

Banane12

Yeap, the same here, about reception strength, unable to make Incoming and outgoing calls, plus SMS and data is working.

My postal code is K1L6W4. Are you close by?

Agent_E

I have the exact same issue since yesterday and I am also a long term customer.

The reception strength is consistently at 1-2 bars. Incoming and outgoing calls are unable to connect and this is consistent when using another phone. SMS and data is working fine. 

Banane12

@JK8, I PMed an agent, thank you.

@JL9, I have just been having this issue for the last 3 days. My cycle day was April 2. Things were working fine.

@HALIMACS, just checked and the SIM card does match.

@esjliv, manually selecting the 3G doesn't help but I checked all the links you sent. Looks like there is an active service outage since April 12 evening due to severe weather and that's when I started having the issues. It says the outage impacted voice service. I think this is it but it also says "This issue has no impact to TELUS services at this time." So, I am not sure what's going on here. I subscribed to the outage notifications anyway.

I will go shopping and drive 3 km away from home. I'll check to see if my services work there if this is a cell tower issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Banane12 

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily), see if that improves any services.

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Banane12 

Login to your self-serve and under the change SIM card feature under your My Profile, note the last four digits of the registered SIM card. 

Now, remove the SIM card from your device and make sure the last four digits on the SIM card matches those digits.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Has your phone been fully functional and the service running the first 9 days of this cycle and you have just been having this issue now or has it been since the renewal?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Banane12 

Private message a CSA:

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.