cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human Agent

DemandAnswers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I require a human agent to contact me directly via email.

22 REPLIES 22

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just make sure you port your number out a few days before incase you run into any trouble as it seems to happen . There a few post here every few days about someone having problems.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DemandAnswers 

If you want to "unsubscribe" you can do that in your account or by calling 611 on your phone or 1 855 4PUBLIC from another phone and entering your 10 digit phone #. After entering your 4 digit account PIN# you can toggle off "autopay". This will allow your plan to suspend at renewal. After 90 days without payment your account will automatically cancel and be deactivated.

Porting your phone # out also cancels your service and deactivates your account however this does not 100% ensure that your payment card is not charged a "ghost" plan payment going forward. Only removal of your card details ensures that process.

You can try replacing your current payment card with another like a credit/gift card with a balance below your plan amount but YMMV as I have tried but have yet to be successful at this since December 2023.

Alternatively placing your payment card on hold before midnight eastern on day 30/day 1 of your payment cycle when it normally renews will ensure payment fails. Once your account suspends and you lose service you can safely remove the hold on your card.

Of course only customer support agents can completely remove your payment card details from your account. Although this is worthy of a C C T S complaint in of itself.

hi @DemandAnswers yes, for porting, once the number is ported, the account would be closed. To be safe of no more payment , you can login to the account and disable Autopay before number is ported ( From Payment page, Manage Subscription, turn off Subscribed)

DemandAnswers

If I'm understanding you correctly... as long as I open an account with a new carrier before my next billing date and choose to retain my number, then I can expect the next automatic payment to not be charged despite the fact that I haven't formally closed my account?

Is that true of all carriers?

@DemandAnswers  Now my complaint is that it appears to be literally impossible to cancel my subscription

Are you planning to transfer to another carrier?  If so you don't want your account cancelled yet or you will lose your phone number (if that's a concern).  If you transfer your number out to another provider your PM account will automatically close afterwards.

That's what we're here for @DemandAnswers 

We all get by with a little bit of help from our friends...

😉

DemandAnswers

My original account is no longer locked out and I've sent a private message to the CSA account from there.

I realize that I seem difficult and disgruntled but I'd like to genuinely thank everyone for their input. I doubt I would have even gotten this far without your help.

DemandAnswers

I'm pretty dissatisfied with that response but I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

If if this is their only method of communication, it has to hold up in court, people have waited up to 2 weeks even longer for a response. So you just gotta keep watching your community mailbox for their response.

Good luck.

DemandAnswers

For some reason, I doubt that screenshots of my inbox are about to hold up in court, and my issues today suggests that I can't expect Public to maintain a paper trail on their own site.

The way I see it, an email is my best defense aside from closing my bank account.

DemandAnswers

To be clear: I have sent a private message to a CSA but haven't yet received a response. I have been locked out of my primary account after entering the password that I JUST reset it to, which seems to confirm my theory of the company intentionally blocking my attempts to cancel my service.

DemandAnswers

An hour ago, my complaint was that it's impossible for me to access any feature of the site which includes submitting a ticket. The chat bot just won't progress to the stage that it offers to let me do that.

Now my complaint is that it appears to be literally impossible to cancel my subscription, and impossible to seek help with that. They have me perpetually auto-paying for a service that I just want to cancel so I can open an account with a company that I don't feel is scamming me.

If my complaint is that Public Mobile intentionally obfuscates the resolution process, is the CCTS about to accept that as an attempt at resolution?

@DemandAnswers  you can send a direct message to public mobile at this link already provided.

The link will work. Click on it and type your message and press send. You will have copies of the messages so you are more than welcome to send them to whomever you want. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@DemandAnswers 

Understand you cannot use Chatbot to open ticket, but you can private message CS Agent instead, use this link 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DemandAnswers 

Try your luck with the CCTS, but they’ll require you attempt resolution with the mobile service provider first.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

DemandAnswers

What do I do if I can't open a ticket and I can't view my subscriptions and I can't cancel my service and I can't pick a new plan and I can't get the chat bot to progress beyond "what can I help with?" How do I skip to the part where I can communicate the problem to someone with the power to fix it if I am unable to do anything from my side? If I can't even stop the automatic payments, how do I deal with it without contacting the legal team?

DemandAnswers

If that were an option, I wouldn't be making this post in the first place.

@DemandAnswers the process is the same. You have to open ticket with support and have them to escalate from there 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This IS NOT going to happen posting here.

Open a ticket if you have account/service issue or present your problem here so we can try to assist you.

DemandAnswers

How do I contact the legal team? I am requesting an email because I expect that I will be required to produce a record of the conversation.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry @DemandAnswers , PM support is all online and done through ticket and community messages, they don't have number to call nor they will call you on phone

Maybe you can share your issues and we can try to help 

or if you want to work with support, please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@DemandAnswers  please note public mobile is a self serve company.  No human agent is going to eamil you.

Once signed into your account, you have to use the chatbot to create a ticket.  Once done, someone will reach out via your community inbox.

If you need general information the community here is faster and able to assist.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.