cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch my e-sim to a new device

Linds89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m going to be getting a new device and I already have an e sim for my current phone. Just wondering how I switch it to my new phone? 

8 REPLIES 8

SureshV

Thanks, I did and they gave me a refund.

@SureshV if they charge you 5 bucks, you can ask for refund. Just open a ticket and as

SureshV

I tried that based on instruction on the help pages. But I did get a 5$ charge in my account. Not sure it will be reversed.

From the Help Article.

Currently, the transfer of an eSIM from one device to another is not supported.

However, we do offer the option to transfer the service from one eSIM to another. To make this transition, you'll need to purchase a new eSIM. When you request a new eSIM, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee.

The steps for purchasing a new eSIM are as follows:

1. Log into the Public Mobile app or My Account.
  2. Tap on the 'Account' tab.
  3. Select 'Purchase SIM Card.'
  4. Choose 'eSIM' as your SIM card type.
  5. Tap 'Install' to complete the purchase.

ampersange

I recently had my iPhone swapped out with AppleCare. I explained that I’m using an eSIM with my provider so they let me keep both of my devices to ensure seamless set up. I downloaded the Public Mobile app and went through the same steps. 

I did this all without checking the support forums or anything first, so I can definitely say they it was really simple and straight forward to do the switch! 

@Stormmcc wrote:

I’m in the same situation but wondering if I will be able to continue my current subscription on the new phone? My plan is set to renew the day before I get the new phone and wondering how I would go about switching (should I keep it active or cancel it)? Thanks

If you disable autoapy and your account goes into suspension, you won't have service again until the plan is paid for. Switching devices doesn't affect your plan in any way.

Stormmcc

I’m in the same situation but wondering if I will be able to continue my current subscription on the new phone? My plan is set to renew the day before I get the new phone and wondering how I would go about switching (should I keep it active or cancel it)? Thanks

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Linds89 

It's super easy. When you get your new phone, download the Public Mobile app and sign in. The 2FA code will go to your old phone cause it's still active. Then on the app, go purchase another eSIM. It will say it's $5 but when you go to the checkout, it will be free. No charge. Then do the same as you did when you first got an eSIM. It's that easy. If you need anymore help, feel free to ask.

Need Help? Let's chat.