cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renew plan immediately

Leuson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

The data in my current plan/subscription is about to run out. I'm happy with the current plan. I'd simply like to renew it (so that it starts all over again now). I realize that I have to pay the fee again. Fine.

But I can't figure out how to do this. In My Account/Subscriptions and Add-ons, I can select Change Subscription, but what is then offered to me doesn't included my current plan.

How do I do this?

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Leuson

Thanks, AK32. As it turns out, I had misunderstood how PM's 4G and 5G plans work. Someone has shed light on the issue, and now the future looks bright ahead. Thanks again.

Leuson

Thank you. Someone mentioned this. Just what I needed to know.

Leuson

Thank you for this.

Leuson

Thanks, hTideGnow,

I hadn't realized that I could get a 5G plan. I'll give it a go. This might well be the solution.

Thanks again.

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Okay i understand now, you will either have to add data as an add-on, or upgrade to a plan that gives more data.  I dont believe there is anyway to cancel your plan and reactivate the same plan other than if you closed your account and signed up with a new number. You might be able to ask support if they can do something, but those are your only options from the user side.

Leuson

Hello AK32,

Thank you. But the problem is that the data is used up long before the subscription runs out.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Leuson wrote:

Thank you, Meow.

I'm afraid that adding on data isn't a solution: it's far too expensive. I'd be happy to 'change' my subscription to the plan I already have, but this I can't do. I can change my subscription to the one plan that is offered to me, but the amount of data in this plan is far too low. (I'm in the North of Canada, and there's only 4G. And PM offers only two 4G plans. This is way I need to keep with the plan I currently have.)

I could open a ticket, as you suggest. How does one do this?

Thanks again.

@Leuson That is not what 5G is referring to. It is "5G speed", the maximum speed that your data is limited to. All plans are 5G and 4G capable and a 5G speed plan will work even on a 4G connection.

@Leuson 

If you are running out of data on your current plan and wish to keep the existing plan. Your only option is to purchase additional Add-on data.

If you want to upgrade your plan, if you pick to change plan NOW. You will be paying for 2 plans…the current one which you already paid plus the new plan. If you change plan on your renewal date…you still need to purchase additional data Add-on.

IMG_0112.png

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are currently "Subscribed" to the plan you want, it will automatically renew. Public Mobile calls Autopay a "Subscription" so if that is turned on, and you have your credit card on file, it will automatically pull the funds on the due date.  If its not on, you can manually pay. 

If you still need to message support, you can do so here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Leuson wrote:

. (I'm in the North of Canada, and there's only 4G. And PM offers only two 4G plans. This is way I need to keep with the plan I currently have.)

Thanks again.

hi @Leuson 

a common misunderstanding., you can still get 5G plan even you have only 4G network.  The 5G plan is just about better speed.  You can still use 4G and get the better speed in your area

and to open ticket,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Leuson

Thank you, Meow.

I'm afraid that adding on data isn't a solution: it's far too expensive. I'd be happy to 'change' my subscription to the plan I already have, but this I can't do. I can change my subscription to the one plan that is offered to me, but the amount of data in this plan is far too low. (I'm in the North of Canada, and there's only 4G. And PM offers only two 4G plans. This is way I need to keep with the plan I currently have.)

Thanks again.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I do not think you can do it through your account. Only when you change plan new billing cycle starts at the same day.

You can open a ticket so agent might be able to restart your plan earlier.
Did you consider buying data add-on?

Need Help? Let's chat.