cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port current number and get a new number??

GhaziaS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I want to port my current number to magic jack and get a new number for my current PM plan. How do I do it smoothly and successfully without losing my current number and closing the account?

Please help

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

@Handy1 wrote:

@darlicious  You got my attention I’ve thought about this before for my account 

Carriers ahve always been able to do it, but they usually won't. Public Mobile policy forbids a phone number being assinged after the number on the account has been ported out, or of Public Mobile assigning a new phone number and reaching in the phone number aging pool to recover the phone number for a cusomer.  This includes a CSA opening a new "fake" account to have a place to temporaily store the phone number.  I can't see a CSA risk losing employment.

@darlicious  You got my attention I’ve thought about this before for my account 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GhaziaS 

It's not that it can't be done just pm is very reluctant to do it but will consider it if the reason is compelling enough.....and it cannot be done for free. Minimum cost=$15+tax+Sim card.

It comes down to how attached you are to your number, @GhaziaS , vs benefit/costs/loss of the PM service and any associated rewards earned (namely loyalty and referral if on the old rewards program)

HI @GhaziaS   basically your number is now tied to the account.  There is simply no way to get a new number on your current account and port out the old number

@GhaziaS  That’s certainly another reason not too as well 

GhaziaS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Handy1 

I get what you are saying. However, if it makes sense, I do not want to lose my add-ons on this account.

@HALIMACS it's certainly easy to do and PM used to be able to do it.  But I think PM does not want people to swap accounts.  Most people do that because they want to keep a good new and use it elsewhere and the keep the high rewards with the current account, PM knows this is not to the business best interest..

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GhaziaS  You can port pm number out and  start a new pm account but if your in old rewards I wouldn’t do it .. but if your on the new points system with no friend referrals there’s nothing to really lose doing so 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Interestingly @GhaziaS , this is something Public Mobile figures is too hard to accomplish so they say "it cannot be done"

Realistically though, it shouldn't be.

What you're asking is simply to be assigned a new number (which they can EASILY do up to 4 times per cycle), and have your existing number assigned to a different carrier.

In the world of Public Mobile that's a no-no.  

But in the world of common sense, it ought not be such an outlandish request.   I totally get why some users might want to do this.

@GhaziaS wrote:

Hi,

I want to port my current number to magic jack and get a new number for my current PM plan. How do I do it smoothly and successfully without losing my current number and closing the account?

Sorry, but this can't be done.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GhaziaS   sorry, cannot be done

once number is ported, account will be closed

many asked that before and PM is not helping with situation like this anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.