cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make call forwarding work in USA?

BEST
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set call forwarding to a textnow number before I entered USA and tested it working but after entering USA the calls are not forwarding any more. How can I make call forwarding work here?

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEST 

How long are you in the US for...? Where in the US are you? If you have a trusted friend or family member who has a spare pm sim card or lives in the GTA who could pick up or have shipped in a day or two a $3 pm sim card from Canadian Cell Supplies (or purchase one from any local retailer) you could have them give you the sim card # and you perform a sim swap in your self serve account. 

Your family member or friend then places the newly swapped sim card in their phone and make the necessary call forwarding of your pm number. They remove your pm sim card and put it somewhere safe until you return from the US and can pick it up.

If you happen to be in a border state then you may be able to pick up a 3G network signal from a telus tower and you could perform the call forwarding of your pm number again and then immediately remove the pm sim card so it doesn't connect to a US tower again and cancel your call forwarding.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BEST   After you made the call forwarding, you have to turn off the phone with the PM SIM or remove it the PM SIM.  You likely have left the PM sim in the phone.  Once the PM SIM sees the US network (tried to connect), the the call forwarding you setup will be removed.

there is no way to set the call forwarding back at the moment when you are in US

Need Help? Let's chat.