cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get back the number

twso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I got my old cell phone number suspended because the payment wasn't made on time. Does anybody know how do I get the number back please? 

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@twso 

You need to make a payment if your number is suspended less than 90 days. After that your number will be reassigned after 90 days by Canadian carriers.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@twso ,CSAgents have been instructed not to recover numbers from closed accounts as policy. So that is my advice.  Some members here will suggest thee are always exceptions and to ask as it can't hurt. It's  Your choice to message and and see if it can be recovered or not , but do not have high expectations.

@twso wrote:

I am not sure if the number is still available yet. 

@twso   call the number , if someone picks up, then you can start planning a new number  🙂

twso

I am not sure if the number is still available yet. Thank you so much for all the detailed info. I will email the cs directly and see if they're able to help. Thanks again 🙂

@twso   You certain your number was not taken yet?

We are just customers here and we cannot tell if they will do for sure.    We heard of successful stories but again, YMMV and the policy could have changed since.   If you are ready to activate really soon, open a ticket with PM Support and see if they can give you a frim answer, if so, activate immediately.

Since you don't have a PM account yet, open ticket with them by messaging CS Agent directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

twso

Thanks for advising. My accont was suspended over 90 days and closed; the number was directly from Public Mobile, would you think it's still having a chance to get the number back please? It's very stressful when you're linking the old number to many places for verification online 😞

@twso wrote:

I got my old cell phone number suspended because the payment wasn't made on time. Does anybody know how do I get the number back please? 

If your Public Mobile account has been suspended for less than 90 days. you can make a payment to resume service.  If it's been more than 90 days, you've unfortunately lost the phone number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@twso   how long you account was suspended?  within 90 days?  If so, it's easy, just login to My Account, make the payment and reactivate the service

If your account was suspended over 90 days, your account would have been closed and your number would have returned to the original carrier.   If you got your number elsewhere in the beginning and ported into PM, then you have to check with that other carrier instead of PM

if the number was from PM /Koodo/Telus, there is a chance you can get it back by activating with PM.  As long as the number is not taken yet, you can try to open a ticket with PM support and see if they can find you the number.  However, this is not a guarantee service, YMMV.  

Need Help? Let's chat.