cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to freeze any additional services or top ups

SophieThibault
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a setting to make sure kids can't add add-ons? Or otherwise to tell the system to now allow order of anything else? @CS_Agent

8 REPLIES 8

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SophieThibault 

You're the parent/guardian:

1. Tell them not to;
  2. If they don't abide, remove the services;
  3. Lesson learned.
  4. 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SophieThibault 

When your kids are getting the text from PM that their data is running out.

I would suggest you ask to look at their phone and look for the text from PM then reply to the text with STOP.

This will stop any future text from PM to your kids phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

As for the credit card idea, one method is to change the registered card to a zero balance visa gift card kind of card. Or a reloadable prepaid card like Koho and just keep the balance down so that charges can't be made. Then give the card some money for renewal time. If you like the zero balance card idea I can give you the particulars.

I think it's somehow illegal or against credit card policies or anti-consumer that they can charge the registered credit card when the contract we have with the company is that the card is used for renewals. There certainly should be some kind of pin or password authorization to make these purchases and not just the phone replying with a simple yes. We have to enter pins and passwords in 611 and the account to do other purchases. So too should these add-on offers.

@J_PM 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SophieThibault - we are all customers and members just like you here on the forum. Did someone receive a text for a plan or promo change? There is nothing Public can do to prevent addons from being added through 611 or replying to a text (well, remove the text options from public...but then your kids could miss out on freebies) to accept a new plan or promo.

Best thing I would suggest is sit them down and talk to them the importance and responsibility they have to discuss with you prior to responding to any texts or making any plan / account changes.

typo

@pmbc wrote:

@SophieThibault  The CS Agents don't monitor the forum so you'd need to private message them directly.  But I'd just suggest ensuring your kids don't have access to the account so they can add, addons without your permission.  Change the password so they don't know it.  I don't think there is a setting that prevents addons because if there was and your kids have access to the account they could just turn that setting off again.

Changing the password won't work.  Anyone with access to the device can change the password.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SophieThibault  The CS Agents don't monitor the forum so you'd need to private message them directly.  But I'd just suggest ensuring your kids don't have access to the account so they can add, addons without your permission.  Change the password so they don't know it.  I don't think there is a setting that prevents addons because if there was and your kids have access to the account they could just turn that setting off again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SophieThibault , does your kids know the login to the account?  Also do they know how to navigate 611?  If they don't access either you should be okay.  Another way is to pay with vouchers and not keep a payment card on file.  

@SophieThibault wrote:

Is there a setting to make sure kids can't add add-ons? Or otherwise to tell the system to now allow order of anything else? @CS_Agent

Are you asking about how purchases can be made through text message and how it's possible to log in to the account to make purcahses by having a 2FA code sent to the phone?  The only thing you can do to absolutely prevent this would be to not have the credit card saved in your Public Mobile account. To remove your credit card, you will need to contact a customer support agent using the chatbot.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If the chatbot shows an error message, send a private message to CS_Agent (tagging them in the message forum as you have done here doesn't usually get response).  Please use the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.