cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my account on hold

tobi12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

anytime i try to pay to resume services, it says that they cannot process my request. why?? it’s not the card because it’s been working for the last 1 year so why isn’t it working now. please help

10 REPLIES 10

tobi12

i’ve been a member with public mobile with this card and it’s worked before. the texting is probably imessage. and my data does work 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tobi12 

Check your account to see if AutoPay/Subscribe is enabled. 
Members have reported that the AutoPay/Subscribe button was disable (turned off). 
You can also check by dialling 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC to check on the status of your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, more details would be helpful here. @tobi12 you said:

"it’s not the card because it’s been working for the last 1 year so why isn’t it working now". Do you mean you have been a customer for a year with public mobile using this same card without issues, OR you have been using this card for 1 year other places without issues.

If the account is newly activated and ported over maybe the port never completed.

If you have been a customer for a year using this card, perhaps an autopay failure and issues with the payment portal to get activated again? That is, if texting is only working through iMessage.

@tobi12 does data work?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv I think points you make are valid.  You can do those and contact CSAgent to check account.  If restart, etc work, great then cancel the ticket with CSA.  If not at least you're in the CSA queue.  As for outage, I haven't seen a multi day outage unless there's been a significant storm or fibre cut.  Possible, but less like in the list of possible root causes.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc wrote:

@tobi12  reach out to a CS Agent.  They can tell you what's going with your account.  Use this link and it will send them a PM so you'll need to watch that envelope in your upper right.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@pmbc how do you know it is an account issue already? What if there is an outage(network issue) or a device issue? Things can be ruled out. 

Sure texting works, but is this iMessage being used, OR is this the plan SMS services. 

When OP calls 611 (or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device) to see what the status say?

Check for outages:

@tobi12 wrote:

my renewal was on october 20 and it still isn’t working. my texting is working but not my number and i’m not sure what to do 

@tobi12 - you haven't been able to call out or receive calls for over 6 days?

Have you restarted your phone lately? Try that. Also perhaps a reset of the device's network settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

Manual select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls.

Try your SIM card into another phone to rule out a device issue. If the calling still does not work, did you recently port/transfer to public from another provider? Maybe the port did not complete. There are steps to restart this process, if this is the case.

pmbc

@tobi12  reach out to a CS Agent.  They can tell you what's going with your account.  Use this link and it will send them a PM so you'll need to watch that envelope in your upper right.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tobi12

my renewal was on october 20 and it still isn’t working. my texting is working but not my number and i’m not sure what to do 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tobi12 - is your renewal today? If so and your services are working then ignore the message you see on your My Account. This will go away when your account completes it's renewal process today. If you are trying to top up or make a payment wait a couple more hours to do so. Or obtain a voucher to add through 611 or My Account.

typo

pmbc

Assume card is working elsewhere?  Not expired?  Reach out to CS Agent to see if they can provide an answer to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.