cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable call forwarding

Shadowpt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been trying to disable voicemail entirely, but it does not work. At best what I can do is activate extended greetings and not allow people to leave a message, that is not what I want.

Then I tried to turn off call forwarding, which also does not work. I tried using the settings in the phone, but the network rejects it. I also tried to use the ##67#, but it never changes.

How can I turn this off? I don't want to send callers to voicemail when I press end call, I want the call to end right there and then, period. That is it, I don't want anything else: call comes, press end call, call ends. No forwarding, no voicemail, no nothing.

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Shadowpt wrote:

I don't want to send callers to voicemail when I press end call, I want the call to end right there and then, period. That is it, I don't want anything else: call comes, press end call, call ends. No forwarding, no voicemail, no nothing.

@og2's tip to dial *004*8080000000# will indeed disable ALL conditional call forwards to voicemail.

However, if you would like to ONLY prevent previously blocked numbers or manually declined calls from going to voicemail, and continue to have unanswered calls and calls while offline go to voicemail, first use ##004# to reset all three conditional call forwards to default if you have changed them, then set only the declined/busy conditional call forward with: *67*8080000000#

Undo that with either ##67# or ##004#

Edit: *67*0000000000# may produce a friendlier failure message to the caller...

@Luddite wrote:

@Shadowpt  Just a bit confused by your request. Are you really asking how to "end/hang up call" without first answering it? If possible this would certainly prevent leaving a message.

Some apps will answer the call for the user and hang up. This will prevent messages from being left. However, my testing of these apps have shown that they never answer quickly enough to prevent the user from hearing and seeing the phone ring, at least for about 1 second.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Shadowpt   If you have an iPhone try calling ##2002# This will display the settings of your voicemail.

• You will be presented with three different messages
* Voice Call Forwarding
* Data Call Forwarding
* Fax Call forwarding.
  • Do not do anything, but simply tap on the “Dismiss” tab at the bottom of the screen. You will have successfully disabled your voicemail for all types of calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Shadowpt  Just a bit confused by your request. Are you really asking how to "end/hang up call" without first answering it? If possible this would certainly prevent leaving a message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

dial *004*8080000000#

to ring forever

##004# to undo/reset it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowpt : Have a look at this idea.

Need Help? Let's chat.