cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The transfer request was not made.

picachoo1596
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated the public mobile USIM yesterday, but I am still using BELLMTS and I have not received any requests from BELLMTS.What should I do?

13 REPLIES 13

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

PLEASE SEND THIS BY PRIVATE MESSAGE ONLY.  PUBLIC MOBILE WILL DELETE POSTS WITH THIS NUMBER IN IT.

Edited by ShawnC: removed phone number

@ShawnCwill this message in red appear on the despicable posts with the porting number?

Right now, there 59 posts containing the porting number.  Will the oracles find time to delete them and leave this message in red? or PM employees (since moderators seem to have some extra time in their hands to post in the forums) will just obliterate the darn despicable posts?  I think the oracles who also posted the verboten porting numbers in the forums should do the job as penance for disobeying PM instructions.  What do you think, my kind sir?

Respectfully

RosieR

No instructions were disobeyed. There was a point that Public Mobile did not want the number distributed at all. Then on one day, the porting number showed up in the help pages.  Clarification was asked for from Public Mobile and Oracles were informed that it was okay to share the phone number. Those instructions were still given to the Oralces even after moderators started deleting the number. Public Mobile did notice that the number was being called for non-number porting issues. That was a concern.  The suggestion was given by Public Mobile that it may be best to only share the number privately.  Is it against the rules to post the number?  No.  However, this is Public Mobile's website, and they're going to to decide on what they feel is best.  At the moment, I get the impression that they do not wish for the number to be posted.

Not to post the verboten porting number in the forums is NOT an instruction?  Only a suggestion?  A suggestion is just that, a suggestion.  Take it or leave it.  😂  

May I suggest then that a Suggestion Board be created for all the suggestions PM or Moderator_Team or the honourable oracles may want to give the community.

May I also suggest that the oracles (who have direct contact with Public Mobile) be straightforward to the fellow customers helping or trying to help in the forums so that not only the people in the know or the people who think they are in the know LOL, may share in the knowledge of what is going on in the community? 

Just suggestions, mind  😁

Have a great week ahead

RosieR

@RosieR wrote:

PLEASE SEND THIS BY PRIVATE MESSAGE ONLY.  PUBLIC MOBILE WILL DELETE POSTS WITH THIS NUMBER IN IT.

@ShawnCwill this message in red appear on the despicable posts with the porting number?

Right now, there 59 posts containing the porting number.  Will the oracles find time to delete them and leave this message in red? or PM employees (since moderators seem to have some extra time in their hands to post in the forums) will just obliterate the darn despicable posts?  I think the oracles who also posted the verboten porting numbers in the forums should do the job as penance for disobeying PM instructions.  What do you think, my kind sir?

Respectfully

RosieR

No instructions were disobeyed. There was a point that Public Mobile did not want the number distributed at all. Then on one day, the porting number showed up in the help pages.  Clarification was asked for from Public Mobile and Oracles were informed that it was okay to share the phone number. Those instructions were still given to the Oralces even after moderators started deleting the number. Public Mobile did notice that the number was being called for non-number porting issues. That was a concern.  The suggestion was given by Public Mobile that it may be best to only share the number privately.  Is it against the rules to post the number?  No.  However, this is Public Mobile's website, and they're going to to decide on what they feel is best.  At the moment, I get the impression that they do not wish for the number to be posted.

I myself really against the idea that we can't post the number

What so "secret" about it?  For many situation, we see it's porting related.   If PM thinks posting this would make people start calling even for non-port issue, they should cut this number altogether.  

Also, to help us not to post the port number, why not PM start emailing the number to those who submitted the port request (or big red letter showing on the page when people submitted the request) so when they have issue, they can get help right a way without coming here for help.

Rosie, I can only change the ones I see.  I am not going to search the community to find others.  The mods had done it before and may again but Public Mobile has stated (when I asked the question) to send the number through in a private message so it doesn't get abused with non-porting issues calling it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC will this message in red appear on the despicable posts with the porting number?

Respectfully

RosieR

@picachoo1596 

As per the now deleted moderator message to you....in also contained some misinformation. Your port of a mobile number will complete within 2 hours. If it still does not complete and your bell account remains active and you cannot recieve incoming calling either contact the moderators again or call the telus porting number that has been supplied to you.

@Nezgar 

I have confirmation from @ShawnC13  that Melinda has communicated that pm prefers that the telus porting department number should be supplied by private message only.

[Post redacted by Nezgar]

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@picachoo1596  If you are stuck waiting for the Porting Team number scroll to the bottom of this post: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Porting-a-new-number/m-p/86767#M6845

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@picachoo1596 

Did you have the Bell SIM in the phone while waiting for confirmation that you are porting over to PM as @hTideGnow noted.

Maybe try again tomorrow as suggested by @darlicious.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@picachoo1596 

It sounds like your port request was made correctly perhaps the info you supplied was incorrect? You can reintiate the request by calling the telus porting department or contacting the moderators. When you put your pm sim card in your phone what services do you have?

1. Texting in/out?
  2. Calling in/out?
  3. Mobile data?

When you log into your self serve account what phone number shows in your account?

I will send you the the telus porting department phone # via private message. The envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar.

@picachoo1596   If you have requested porting, you should have got a text from your old provider on your old SIM.  You can call the porting team for update tomorrow to confirm the status or re-trigger the SMS process:

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to clarify, have you requested the phone number change at:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/

If you're having troubles porting your phone number into Public Mobile, Telus (parent company) has a phone number that can help you (only for porting phone numbers) - available via private message if you still need it!

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@picachoo1596 wrote:

I activated the public mobile USIM yesterday, but I am still using BELLMTS and I have not received any requests from BELLMTS.What should I do?

Click chat bubble and get moderators to look into it.  A day is too long for porting from a mobile carrier.  

Need Help? Let's chat.