cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change primary email address for Public Mobile cellphone service?

platinum50
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Logged-in to check my balance today and realized my public mobile cellphone service is registered to an old email address I hardly ever use any more. Was looking around the interface to try to find where to update my email address, but don't see the option.

How do I change my email address? (For my cellphone service, and this message board).

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@ShelaneGoosen you should have enough time to change it.  PM does not ship out the SIM that quick.  

All you have to do is to open a ticket with mod to have them sort it out

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • your order number,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

ShelaneGoosen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered two Sim Cards but realized after the purchase that it was the wrong mailing address on the account. 

How do I change this ? 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@platinum50 wrote:

Hello,

Logged-in to check my balance today and realized my public mobile cellphone service is registered to an old email address I hardly ever use any more. Was looking around the interface to try to find where to update my email address, but don't see the option.

How do I change my email address? (For my cellphone service, and this message board).

Thanks!

If it is an old email but you still have it.  It is not a bad idea to keep in for your PM account and maybe some others too. Less chance of having your PM account hacked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@platinum50 : When you ask the moderators, make sure they change two locations in their system. Then be aware of case. Then if you want to change to that email in the community, make sure to _match_ the case. This would assure that any community reward you might earn gets placed into your account.

You don't really _have_ to change that email address. It's just login credentials. But if you want to know that you've received an email then you would need to check that inbox. Like password resets. This is only really a problem if that email address gets deactivated.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@platinum50 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

Hello @platinum50 

The only way to change your email connected to your Self Serve account is to ask the Moderators to do it for you.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

EDIT, I didn't realize you were also asking for the Community account change ability....this one you can do yourself under your My Settings option.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@platinum50 

For your self service account email address, you will need to contact moderator.

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

For the community forum email address, you can change yourself.  Right click on the right upper corner community icon.  Settings.  Change email.  

Need Help? Let's chat.