cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change automatic payments to manual?

VMF38
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm wanting to switch to manual payments instead of being charged automatically every month ever since this ridiculous new "Public Points" program launched. If I don't get points every month for being charged automatically like I used to and I have to manually click on my points to use them, I don't want to be charge automatically. Can anyone help? I don't see how I can do that in my profile besides cancelling my current subscription or simply paying before I get automatically charged...

8 REPLIES 8

@will13am wrote:

@VMF38 wrote:

I see! Thanks! I'm not sure why they use the word "subscribe" because that to me would mean something different, it would be clearer if it just said "automatic payment : on/off" or something like that.

@VMF38 , the marketing folks view auto renewal as equivalent to a subscription.  To many it is just confusing terminology.  

It is confusing because automatic payments isn't even what the word means.  Seeing that subscrption on/off toggle, I  would think that it means that turning it off immediately shuts off your service (when it doesn['t). In other places, Public Mobile has used the word "subscription" and announced that they were the first subscription cell phone service in Canada.  I did not understand that marketing either.  All cell plans at all carriers are subscriptions.

@VMF38 wrote:

I see! Thanks! I'm not sure why they use the word "subscribe" because that to me would mean something different, it would be clearer if it just said "automatic payment : on/off" or something like that.

@VMF38 , the marketing folks view auto renewal as equivalent to a subscription.  To many it is just confusing terminology.  

Ya think! That would be just too easy!!😁

VMF38

VMF38

Thanks!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Meow_0-1717800702010.png

Toggle switch. But you have to remember to pay the bill or account will be suspended due to no pay. Add funds to account manually few days before due day with voucher or manually add fund with registered credit card on file.

Meow_1-1717800855321.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@VMF38 

To turn off autopay or pre authorized payments, you will need to unsubcribe from your subscription.  Then your registered credit card will not be charged at your next renewal date.  You will need to manually load up funds either via $15 credit (for 15 points), voucher or manually loading up from credit card.

Dunkman_0-1696865239828.png

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@VMF38  to remove autopay, you toggle the subscribe button to off.  Right now its in green, when you change it will be red and says you are unsubscribed. I did read though that they have changed the rules saying a card must be on file? Not sure though, I haven't done it lately.

That's how it removes the autopay.  You can pay by vouchers if you like. Just don't forget to pay or you will not have service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.