hanli511
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to cancel voicemail

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@hanli511 wrote:

You can't disable voicemail officially, but there are two workarounds -- First mentioned already is to set conditional call forwards to a dead end number like *004*0000000000# (undo with ##004#),

The other is the change your voicemail to disallow people leaving you messages with a custom announcement:

• Dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • Then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • Then 2 (record a new extended absence greeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to disallow anyone to leave you a message. 

(previously documented by @srlawren  here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...)

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@hanli511 

disable voicemail from your account, send a private message to  CS_Agent

They won't do it. Please don't send customers to a CSA unnecessarily.  Not only will this frustrate the customer, it will also slow the response time for all other customers too.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@hanli511 wrote:

The ideas from before break the voicemail but to remove it, you can't. It cant be removed from your account.

@cellphoneuser1- I agree. I played around with that "trick" and didn't like that callers would end up in an error state. Maybe they would get confused. Maybe they would get panicked.

I'd be fine to let it ring but cell just does not work that way. A landline would ring for a much longer time but also eventually give up. Like after the caller might get bored of waiting for someone to pick up.

@not-trust-anyon- Do you know from experience that it can be turned off at their end?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@hanli511 wrote:

The ideas from before break the voicemail but to remove it, you can't. It cant be removed from your account.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Another way to turn on extended absence:

To "disable" voicemail, dial *004*8080000000#

This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

Whenever you need to reset it back to defaults, dial #004#

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@hanli511 You cannot disable voicemail feature, but you can disallow caller to leave a voicemail. 

Here is how: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highlight...

Need Help? Let's chat.