cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate a replacement SIM card?

ShavaShav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went on a trip recently and lost my SIM card. Now I'm back and I purchased a new Public Mobile SIM card, but I have no clue how to activate it. I downloaded the app at activate.publicmobile.ca but there is nowhere in the app to "Activate a SIM".
The support chat bot says to purchase a subscription, but I want to activate the new SIM to use with my existing subscription. It doesn't understand when I tell it that.
What do I need to do to use my new SIM?

6 REPLIES 6

ShavaShav

Rebooting did it, thanks!!

HI @ShavaShav   did you reboot your phone?

Go back to My Account using Incognito/Private/Secret mode again, check the Profile page, is the sim card number showing is the new one ? or still the old one?

If still the old one, did you use your phone browser to make a change sim card?  you need to use a computer (desktop/laptop) to do it. There has been problem if people use phone brower to change sim card, known bug

ShavaShav

Thanks everyone. I got into my account (by sending the verification code to my email since my phone number is obviously down) and changed the SIM number in the profile page.
However it's been about 30 minutes and I'm still not able to use my phone for text/calls or use the mobile data. Does it just take a while or do I need to do something else?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ShavaShav 

DO NOT use the activation featue, you just need to login My Account, go to Profile page and request a  change sim card from there.  You can use the web site without the app

But you have not setup EverSafe, the new login system yet?

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet, then, you won't be able to create the ID on the new My Account without the a working phone with a working PM sim.  Sending the code to email would not be a choice until a EverSafe id is setup

Please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation: Private message CS agent at 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ShavaShav 

You do not want to activate the new SIM card. That would create a new account.

You will need to replace the SIM card in your self service account

Go to profile section in APP and edit your SIM card number. 

Edit: as mentioned in other posts, you likely unable to access your account with new changes this last week. You would need to contact CSA,  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ShavaShav  if it is a replacment sim card, you do not "activate" it.  You just go to Change sim card from My Account

But PM starts a new login system last week and if you have not completed setting that up, you will need help with CS agent.

please open ticket with agent by direct message 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.