cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Contact an MOD without Using the Chat Bot?

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Chat Bot doesn't work because PM site is closed due to maintenance. Before could send a direct email to an MOD. I need help to find out what their User ID is so I can email them about a defective phone they sent to me. Thanks!

85 REPLIES 85

@ashleyfitingof   I think you cannot add friend now.

But again, why add CS_agent as friend?  bookmark their profile or use @ symbol to search if you need to send them message

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyfitingof 

Apparently you can in your private messages by clicking on the settings icon on the top left of mailbox. 

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@ashleyfitingof 

I don't know if you can? But what would be the purpose?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ashleyfitingof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once you find the username how can you add CS_Agent as a friend?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman 

How nice! Too bad Canada Post isn't the same.....but with my mail carrier being Andre deGrasse's next rival I wouldn't be able to catch him to demand satisfaction. The customer support team can own up to their mistakes that's why they are so forgiving with our own.

To be honest, although PM made mistakes sometimes, they have been doing good in compensating. 

Costso sells refurbished iPhone,  online or instore?  I don't recall seeing it instore.  But yes, if Costco sells stuff, no one can beat their return policy.. LoL

allagelman

@darlicious  @softech 

At last its over and I can put it all behind me. They were nice enough to own up to their mistake at least toward the end. A different CSR took over and provided me with a $25 credit. If you include my community $2 reward that's $27 for the entire hassle. At least its something lol.

@softech  For my next phone I'm still undecided. Probably, an iPhone SE 2 - 2020 model. That seems to be the best option. I'll try to wait a few more months. I'll get my son to order it from Amazon. It would be interesting to find out if Costco sells refurbished iphones that would be better because for returns Costco is amazing.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman 

Yesterday I finally got a package mailed on December 12th and my sim cards from CCS that were shipped December 23rd. So I think considering  you did ok.

@allagelman case closed!!!

you opened this on Dec 23, case closed in Jan 13.   20 days, I would say it is ok.  Could be better,

But keep in mind, there has been a Christmas - New Year break in between.  Yes, PM network still works during holiday (thanks god.. lol), but most office are  either closed or half closed and I guess the slight delay is  understandable.  And the return arrives there at 10the and you get the money back on the 13th is definitely reasonable time.  Remember courier delivered to the warehouse but that doesn't mean the warehouse workers are eager to open you package and make the scan.  Then credit card centre could be a bit delay, at least might not show up on your account immediately.

So, I guess it is finally time to move on, what new phone are you getting? 

allagelman

@darlicious  @softech 

As of January 13th finally got the refund confirmation from Public Mobile. I can see the refund posted to visa statement as well.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman 

The only thing that would allow me to consider a purchase of a CPO phone from pm would be them allowing purchases with accumulated credit from my self serve account.

eduardfitingof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@allagelman 

I know a few people that experienced a similar issue. I agree to stay clear for sure. Thanks for the heads up I'll take this matter into account for the future. You might of just saved me a 1-3 month hassle lol 😂

allagelman

@softech 

I replied almost everyday to them since Dec 23rd and still like talking to the wall. Hopefully they refund me or Visa will force them to do it. Either way not too worried because of credit card protection. Huge waste of time. All I can say never again will I buy a phone from this company. On top of PM sending a defective phone that was clearly never inspected to do a return takes a full month with having to constantly email them every 2 days. If I didn't have time to keep asking CSR for an update maybe I would be waiting 3 months without refund LoL!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@allagelman  reply the ticket and see what they say.  At least ask them usually how many days it take after the package is received.  

allagelman

Return arrived back to them on January 10th, 2021. Today is Jan 12 and still no update from CSR on status of return/refund. Francis is the CSR handling this request. Could he have done more to rectify this issue? This has been going on since Dec 23rd.

allagelman

@Anonymous 

Yea for sure! I've made lots of online orders from different companies and its never been like this. I won't try to convince anyone but plz think twice before ordering a pre-owned device through Public. The added benefits were not worth what I had to go through. I'm still stuck messaging them for updates its like I'm trapped in a video game.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allagelman : This has been quite the adventure. It's a large part of why I don't like mail order until I've exhausted all bricks & mortar options. Then to justify the costs over convenience of hands-on and returning if needed.

I would keep those reins on the chargeback until another month or so. I had a refund take up to 6 weeks. Hate that. Companies will take your money in a hurry. But zero hurry if you want it back.

allagelman

@softech 

I got the shipping label from UPS. Public shipped it on 12/31/2021 and got it on 01/05/2022. The label was for Canada Post drop off went to an address in Mississauga, ON. It arrived today Jan 10/2022.

Issue still not technically resolved because I have to wait for CSR to message me with confirmation of refund. So far no message from the CSR. Stay tuned if I get the refund in the next few days or will the refund not be processed. Credit Card Dispute has been filed from Friday so if I get the refund will not be 100% sure if the refund came from Visa or Public. At least I won't know until the CSR emails me.

@Anonymous   this is one I am really interested.. cos allagelman keep giving us bad updates.. I was waiting for good news. . LoL

.. plus.. i honestly want to know where the return address is.. i would like to know if it is returning to where PM sourced the phone or to mobile klinik

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Do you run the url to see what threads haven't been solved? Or do you keep some kind of calendar of them? 🙂

@allagelman   the return label arrived?

allagelman

@computergeek541 

They told me UPS 1-day shipping. Sure I agree doesn't make sense. I said from beginning to email it to me but they said has to be UPS.

@allagelman wrote:

Since Dec 23 been waiting for PM to send me a return label. Today is Jan 3rd and no return label has been emailed or mailed to me. I keep telling them to email it if its taking this long to mail it. PM uses UPS 1-Day delivery. I believe it was never shipped to begin with.

It wouldn't be econimical to send a return label to be delivered by UPS.  Assuming that the label was sent by regular mail, since December 23, there have only been 4 business days, 2 of those which some might consider to be half days as they are the day before the holiday.   That isn't long for regular maiil.  I do agree though that you should already have the prepaid label as link should be provided by the CSA to download and print the it.

@allagelman 

I haven't gotten any mail in two weeks now.....even when I know there has been mail posted December 10th that still has not arrived. My credit card statement that is due tomorrow still hasn't arrived. 

@allagelman   Just keep the ticket live by replying.  If you worry about the timing for the refund, I guess no worry, they will honour it as you opened the ticket before 30 days and it was clearly a delay with the label, not your fault.  But of course, the delay would also mean a delay to the money back to your credit card 😞  Not ideal

allagelman

Since Dec 23 been waiting for PM to send me a return label. Today is Jan 3rd and no return label has been emailed or mailed to me. I keep telling them to email it if its taking this long to mail it. PM uses UPS 1-Day delivery. I believe it was never shipped to begin with.

@allagelman thanks for the update.

I still curious if PM actually have to arrange the return label with the vendor they source the CPO phones from (instead of a simple return to PM /Telus office) and hence there is the delay.  

Let's hope you have good news next year  🙂

Happy New Year!!

allagelman

@darlicious 

Let's hope UPS didn't loose the package or it got delivered to the wrong house. Road conditions in Toronto have been great so far. Most of the snow has melted and its not too cold either. I got a message from CSR they submitted a ticket for unspecified department to reach out to UPS for an update. I'll find out in the next few days hopefully.

Happy New Year!

@allagelman 

Too bad the owner of CCS wasn't handling your request or he would have sorted out a workaround for the shipping delays, Canada Post completely shuts down in western canada if Vancouver gets snow because they always put health and safety ahead of everything else which has probably caused UPS to have delays because nobody showed up to work at Canada Post. Alas everything scheduled to arrive this week has pushed to next week no matter the shipper. You are stuck in the same boat.

allagelman

@softech @darlicious @t_p @Vab @esjliv 

Hey everyone, so here's the summary as of 12/31/2021:

Phone ordered on 12/19/2021.

Request Made on: 12/23/2021 (early morning hours).

Been in touch with PM MOD between 12/23 to 12/31.

Fast track today on 12/31 still not received shipping label and return instructions.

CSR not able to email me this. Can only be mailed with UPS. CSR not able to provide tracking number. CSR not able to provide info on the status of shipment details.

CSR 5 hours ago said it could be shipping delays. But, I doubt it. A family member asked for a sim card replacement through PM CSR days after my request and their UPS parcel shipped 12/30 and it arrived next day 12/31.

There is no explanation why it would take this long to send me this return label to return the defective phone. Any useful tips would be helpful. CSR can't do anything further at this time.

Thank you!

Need Help? Let's chat.