cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know what rewards I'll have under the new points system?

meelad92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently getting:

- $2 for auto payment

- $5 for loyalty

I've read everything, but I can't seem to figure out how many points I'll have under the new system. 

I'm going to be canceling my plan when they force me on the new point system. 

17 REPLIES 17

Lar1

So I figure at that rate with just the plan cost alone it would take around 23 month to get a $15 credit.  That's not including the yearly little bonus

meelad92

This is my dad's plan, He's a senior. He uses his phone only for emergencies. Freedom coverage in my area is pretty good. I'll likely get the yearly talk and text plan for him. 

It just sucks that public mobile is removing this reward system. 

I am not going to post offers nor prices from these two companies (not to break PM rules) but Freedom might work for you if you pay for a year in advance. But I hear coverage is not even close to Telus...
That Fizz has good price but for 6 months only. After that is way higher.

Good luck finding competitive offer to PM...

meelad92

Thank you everyone for the help!

Off to Fizz or Freedom Mobile when they force me off the old reward system. Those are the cheapest plans I can find with just talk and text.

@meelad92 wrote:

So I've been with public mobile for about 6 years now. I'm not getting any reward for these 6 year loyalty with the new point system?

Nope!

For your loyalty You will get some bonus data which you have to use within 150 days or so. How much data is a mystery, too. Will it be based on your plan cost or 'loyalty' is to be seen in May or before. I doubt before as then people will use all that free data and switch provider anyway 🙂 🙂 :).

meelad92

So I've been with public mobile for about 6 years now. I'm not getting any reward for these 6 year loyalty with the new point system?

@meelad92 wrote:

I'm currently on the $13 plan. 

- $2 for auto payment

- $5 for loyalty

I'm paying $6 per month.

Can somebody please let me know how much I'll be paying per month with the new rewards system. 

You will be paying $13+tax every month as there is no more $2+$5 for you.
Every 30 days you will accumulate 0.65 points (5% of your bill). I am not sure if it is from $13 flat or $13+tax.
Every year on anniversary you will get 10 points = $10.
All those points you will have to Manually convert to dollars WHEN you accumulate 15 points. Then you can apply $15 toward your bill or purchase add-ons.

Points will NOT be automatically converted to $ NOR will be deducted from your bill. So theoretically you can collect them for years and years and then convert to $ and maybe have a year of free service.

@meelad92  It will be around 5-6 $ bucks more .and the other downside is you will have to manually redeem the point rewards one you have 15 points you can lower bill  for $15 

Points rewards portal view catalog

Handy1_0-1709938959558.jpeg

meelad92

I still don't know how much my bill will be per month after the reward points. 

@meelad92 

looks like @Meow has laid it out pretty good. I know it's not what you wanna hear, but Points are a reduction in our PM benefits.

meelad92

I read that multiple times. It doesn't answer my question. 

meelad92

I'm currently on the $13 plan. 

- $2 for auto payment

- $5 for loyalty

I'm paying $6 per month.

Can somebody please let me know how much I'll be paying per month with the new rewards system. 

meelad92

How do I check how long I've been with public mobile?

I've been with public mobile for like 6 years. Am I going to get rewards for this? 

This is so annoying and confusing.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@meelad92 

additionally...if you want to apply any of your accumulated Points to your renewal...you have to do it manually as it's not done automatically as in the past.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will have 5% off based on your plan cost.
You will have 1 point = $1 for each referral you have.
You will have 10 point = $10 every year as anniversary 'bonus'.

And if you have time to spear and want to help other PM customers you might get few $ being active in Community.

That's it! No more loyalty $; no more autopay $.

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You get 5% back in points but nothing for autopay so could be more or less than 2 depending on your plans cost. Loyalty is 10 a year so that will be a big difference for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.