cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get back my original username?

DrSaxMusic1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My username was "DrSaxMusic" but when I went to put that into a new screen, it said that name was already taken.

The system gave me "DrSaxMusic1" but I want my old name back.

6 REPLIES 6

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Wayworn  @DrSaxMusic1 

we were allow to change our community name easily ourselves.  But someone abused it and keep changing names and then posted spam, hence PM took away the privilege

But, support agent can still help if it is a one time request and if it makes sense.  So, message support agent and ask

So it seems that more was possible in the past. Also read that some lost gift data if they downgraded. I understand that now also downgrading plans is  not possible. When I joined I did receive 5 free points and also a $10 account credit but no data was gifted. Possibly because my $15 plan does not include and data unless I purchase as I did with my $10 credit.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DrSaxMusic1 @Wayworn 

The same thing happened to me when eversafe was implemented back in 2023. My original nickname was funpig.

I recently contacted an agent about it. They can switch you back to your old nickname/community account.  However, any status or bravos would you have earned using your current nickname will be lost. I opted to stay with the current nickname until my help points had accrued. I may switch when I am less active.

eddieO

@Wayworn it looks like a year ago it was possible ( through the website) under the Personal tab there was a sub-tab for Nickname but it no longer appears so it doesn't look like we can change it at the self-serve level but I'm sure an agent should be able to have access 

HI @Wayworn  @DrSaxMusic1 

we were allow to change our community name easily ourselves.  But someone abused it and keep changing names and then posted spam, hence PM took away the privilege

But, support agent can still help if it is a one time request and if it makes sense.  So, message support agent and ask

Wayworn

So it is possible to revise one's community name?

eddieO

@DrSaxMusic1, since this is an account related issue you will need to open a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.