cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get an actual customer service representative!

kjmember25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Publics customer service sucks, can't get anyone online or on the phone to talk to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. How do i get a customer service rep on the phone or online??

edited by computergeek541: comment in violation of terms of service remvoed 

18 REPLIES 18

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's unfortunate you didn't know that this is a self serve provider.  That's on you.  

The service certainly doesn't suck.  If your needs require having an agent to talk to, you should probably find another provider.  Not all people are capable of managing their own account.  

Good luck.

DDM69_0-1682112820631.png

@kjmember25 

The 'issue' is that Public Mobile cycle dates display in ways which cause folks to believe the 'end date' of the cycle is the day that users can still pay to avoid service going into suspension mode.

The 'end date' is actually the date the new cycle begins so customers loading funds onto their account should ALWAYS put funds on the account at LEAST ONE DAY before that date being displayed on the self-serve site or the 611 information.

Do yourself a favor and try to plan payments that way to avoid service ending.   And remember that Public Mobile's renewal dates fall back a day or so every couple of months as they are 30 rotating day cycles NOT monthly.

Hope this helps!  🙂

kjmember25

"on-time"... on or before the due date. aka never a late payment

Olive_Oyl

@kjmember25 

What in your opinion is “on time”?  

Date and time of day of your top up payment vs when PM actually pulls from your balance can be your issue. 

If you are not using auto-pay and are on the old rewards plan then set up auto pay and save 2 bucks a month.

No credit card.....no problem. Buy a prepaid $25 Vanilla Mastercard for $30 and use it and maybe some one here will give you a valid MasterCard number, that is fund-less, to use for the $2 off. 

To avoid a collision of timing, use the hybrid auto pay.....pay 2 months in advance then on next payment day pay again. You will always be paid up one month ahead. 

kjmember25

my point is a phone should never be cut off before the bill due date..... its ridiculous. Shouldn't matter what method of payment i make... i have a ticket going.... so no more need for help from the community.... thanks again

@kjmember25   yes, PM support model is different  

since you do not rely on Autopay, a suggest is to load enough money onto your system a day or two before renewal so the renewal will be smoother or you will have time to open ticket with PM support without the line being suspended.   But also, remember PM is on a 30 days cycle, so renewal date keeps changing after a 31 days month

kjmember25

thanks for suggestions all, but the answer is you have to jump through many hoops to get human help from the company.... i don't do auto pay, i pay ontime monthly everytime as that the way i like it. got a email going with the reps now... we will see what happens.... only time will tell, but this lack of proper customer service is something i wished i had known when i originally signed up.

@kjmember25 

Just type in Submit Ticket then you won’t be going around in circles like a dog chasing it’s tail.

@kjmember25 

I agree with you but PM is a prepaid service so you will get cut off for nonpayment. That is why I suggested making early payment and it will sit in your accounts as credit. PM will withdraw the credit from your account when it is due.

@kjmember25   the reason they cut you off without a grace period is that PM is a prepaid provider.  Prepaid provider works this way. 

but can you login to My Account and resume the service first as advised above?

kjmember25

never had a late payment and they cut me off on the bill due date..... ridiculous!.... even if i missed a bill, that should be no excuse to cut off my phone.... should be a grace period..... not 30 days and if you pay one minute late your phone gets cut off.....

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kjmember25  Here’s how to reach support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kjmember25 

Sorry to hear you are having these issues but keep in mind the PM is on a 30 days cycle not monthly cycle.

You may consider go on AutoPay so there are no worries or pay 2 day todays in advance incase you run into the issue for late payments.

To contact a CS_Agent, just submit a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

@kjmember25   if could be just Pre-Authorized payment problem.  

Please login to My Account and check if the Account status is Suspended.  Click Reactivate my plan and follow the steps to make a manual payment

E2-Suspended-Reactivate_Watermarked.jpg

if you need PM support to investigate further, yes, you can use the methods above to make a ticket.  If you find Method 1 using Chatbot is not working, please use methold 2, direct message

kjmember25

chatbot is useless

kjmember25

it happened again!... second time in 3 months... my phone got deactivated for no reason!.... i pay my bill ON TIME every month and public keeps deactivating my phone with no warning..... I need customer service. I get the community thing but someone needs to be held responsible for this.... hence i need to talk to the company directly. I hope I don't get the regurgitated stuff from everyone 2 months ago on this forum.... smh. very frustrating, no problems with credit card either, .... something is seriously wrong with my account that this keeps happening... it shouldn't happen at all!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kjmember25   

We are customers like you here in the Community, but if you do not mind, maybe you can share your question and sometimes, we can answer the question quicker than waiting for PM support

if you really need PM support to look into your issue, maybe money related or so, please open ticket to engage them, they usually reply within 1 to 2 hours or they might provide you a link for web chat

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.