cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change back to a regular sim???

CarlGustav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed to an Esim from a regular sim.  But, I find that I need the Esim for travel destinations.  So how do I go back to a regular sim???  What are the steps???  My phone is a dual sim with one regular sim card slot and a built in Esim chip.

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CarlGustav 

you don't need to change back to regular sim card as your phone can take multiple eSIMs. So, you can keep your PM esim and install the other travel esim, having both eSIMs on your phone together  

You can install the travel eSim ahread of your trip, just make sure the travel esim is not set to active yet when you are in Canada.  When you are in the travel destination, go to Sim card manager, enable your travel eSIM and set it to active (but remember, do not delete your PM esim, just leave the PM esim there and leave it inactive)

Of course, when you are back in Canada, you can then remove your travel esim and set the PM esim back to active again

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Your service doesn't work outside of Canada and the USA so you don't need to change anything. You can have multiple ESims on your phone at the same time. When you get to destination you go into your network settings and make the travel sim active. When you get home make the PM Esim active.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CarlGustav   Get new  physical SIM card from Telus / Koodo ( corporate stores only ) or from amazon . Once you have new SIM card in hand log into your account profile page and sim swap the number like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1725358686751.png

You can also do this on the app also 

Need Help? Let's chat.