cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How data works

os54656
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all! 

I came from lucky mobile. There, you had unlimited (slow) data after you finished your data. I was wondering what exactly happens when you're at the end of your data. Does it give you a chance to buy an add on? Does it give you (slow) unlimited data?

Thanks! 

16 REPLIES 16

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@os54656 

Welcome to PM and enjoy your saving with PM rewards.

os54656
  • I switched because the customer service was garbage. 
  • I also switched because this community answers all questions very quick. 
  • Also  the double charges on my credit card
  • And public mobile has a way better auto pay system 

Goodlife062404

You can buy an add on if you’d like or you can continue use your data slowed down until your next reset date

Fabulous604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

omg clearly haven't had enough coffee thank you lol

You are also charged for sales tax.

@Fabulous604 

@Fabulous604 wrote:

I understand that the data stops when you hit the limit but why was my bill $42.56 when it has always been $40?? I also receive the $2 reward for autopay.

You do have to pay taxes.  So, you likely paid $38 + taxes for that month.  

Fabulous604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand that the data stops when you hit the limit but why was my bill $42.56 when it has always been $40?? I also receive the $2 reward for autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camera4617 wrote:

Welcome to PM.

I wonder if there is any specific reason why you switched as they are quite similar providers. Also, does Lucky have data add-ons and if yes, how do they work?

Thanks. 

@Camera4617 : From what I can decipher...Lucky has what they call service passes. But they expire at your next renewal. Chatr's the same..expire. This place does not expire.

They both do offer the throttled data overage though but I've seen reports of people saying it's pretty pitiful.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome to PM.

I wonder if there is any specific reason why you switched as they are quite similar providers. Also, does Lucky have data add-ons and if yes, how do they work?

Thanks. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@os54656 

You data will stop after using all your plan data for the current cycle.

Yes, you can buy data add-on at $15/GB.  I think that data add-on is expensive if you need more data every billing cycle.  There are cheaper alternative.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan change from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.

2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the Chat button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.

3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle.

Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@os54656 :Did any of the above reply posts answer your questions? Choose one of the above reply posts as the one that you like best, press the accepted solution button above one of those posts and that will mark this thread you created as solved.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@os54656 wrote:

Hello all! 

I came from lucky mobile. There, you had unlimited (slow) data after you finished your data. I was wondering what exactly happens when you're at the end of your data. Does it give you a chance to buy an add on? Does it give you (slow) unlimited data?

Thanks! 

@os54656  You should receive a 75% and a 95% text warning when you've reached those respective levels of data consumed from the available allotment for your billing cycle.

You can certainly use the options supplied by other users to supplement your data availability based on those system warnings.

The choice is entirely in your hands whether supplementing data, or upgrading to a higher data plan, is your best option.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@os54656 

Your data will stop working. You can then purchase a data add on ($15/1gb)that will stay on your account for use when you run out of plan data. It rolls over each month until you use it all up.

Or you can choose to change your plan "now" by adding funds and changing plans or scheduling a plan change to occur on your next renewal. Or you can renew your current plan early by loading enough funds onto your account to cover your plan cost and then contacting the moderators and asking them to renew your plan early.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @os54656 ,

I find data speeds just fine here at Public Mobile.

When you run out of your Data Plan, data just stops (not able to use it any longer since you have used it up for your current cycle), there are no overages here. But you get it all back again when your plan renews.

But yes, you can also purchase add-on data to boost your usage.

OR if you regularly use more data just up your data plan, super easy to do here-to switch to inmarket plans.

EDIT:

• Plan Data does not roll over to your next billing period.
  • Data Add-ons (with exception of roaming add-ons) DOES roll over to future billing periods until used up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@os54656 wrote:

Hello all! 

Thanks! 

@os54656    Once you've used up your available plan data then it just stops and you can either purchase another block of data add-on ($15/1GB) which can be used to tide you over until your plan renews for another 30 days.  Any remaining data from this add-on rolls over every cycle until completely deleted. 

Edit:  BTW buying any add-ons requires that you first add the necessary funds and then take the next step to purchase the applicable add-on.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@os54656 

Welcome to Public Mobile.

When you run out of data from your plan, your data will just stop.  No unlimited throttled data like Lucky Mobile.  You can purchase a data add on.  1GB for $15.  Unused data will roll over to next month until all used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.