cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I talk to a human? -- I got charged but there was an error and I am not activated.

punkscience
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My activation failed with a "generic error" (very helpful!) but it didn't stop the transaction from going through. My money was taken but it won't let me login and when I try to recover my password it says it doesn't recognize the email address. So I sit here with a phone which is not activated, $57 spent, and I can't even submit a ticket through your ticketing system without a valid phone number. 

14 REPLIES 14

@punkscience   Its the first time ive heard of that....and leaving the activation page open that long!

@ElenaFed wrote:

I believe that to submit a ticket through this chat you need to register a Community account with a valid phone number. This question clearly says that's where the problem is.

@ElenaFed   By the ability to post the issue the OP had shown they already have a community account.

punkscience

Yeah -- I work in commercial software dev myself and allowing a transaction to go through in any situation where nothing is awarded is pretty much the cardinal sin. 

@punkscience   Wow I amazed it let you go to the payment page. Welcome to public mobile.

punkscience

This has been solved -- I had to go to a moderator and they were able to find my SIM card and ensure it got properly activated. Once that was done and I had a phone number, I was able to register the account again Public Mobile.

I THINK the problem was that I had let the activation page sit there for a few days while I was waiting for my SIM card to come in. The site failed to recognize that the cookie expired (this is a guess) and proceeded with the whole registration process until it came time to actually submit all the info. So the transaction occurred with the credit card, but the rest of the account info went into the proverbial black hole.

Recommendation -- always activate through a fresh page. 

ElenaFed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that to submit a ticket through this chat you need to register a Community account with a valid phone number. This question clearly says that's where the problem is.

@punkscience   As @popping has advised if you have waited out the one hour since your first attempt then clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode in chrome or Firefox as they work best and should prevent any errors from occurring. If it will not accept you SIM then you've had a partial activation. If all of your services are still working on your previous providers SIM and you were porting your number then the port did not initiate. If your old SIM only has incoming calling and texting then you are mid port or have a stuck port. With no services on the pm SIM card it's not activated, not provisioned because your account hasn't set up properly or possibly but rarely a defective SIM.

In these situations you must contact a moderator. If you are unable to do this via Simon then go to your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. Send a private message to the moderators by tagging @CS_Agent in the send bar, adding a subject and writing to the moderators explaining your issue. Include the info you used to create the account, email,password,  pin #, ph# being ported, full name and address on account. To further verify you they may ask: dob, alternate ph # if any, payment amount and type, security question and answer. Then keep an eye on your private message box for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@punkscience wrote:

The charge isn't pending -- the payment went through and I didn't receive any emails. I checked my spam and junk folders as well -- nothing there. The SIM card is not active (shows an 'X') and I can see by putting my former telecom's SIM back in that the number is still active through them. 

If there is no $57 transaction showing on your credit card online and no welcome email, your SIM card was not activated yet.

Restart your browser and start over again.  Any time your need to go back a page.  Restart your browser again to get a new session state as PM server does not handle the session state correctly when you go back a page.

punkscience

The charge isn't pending -- the payment went through and I didn't receive any emails. I checked my spam and junk folders as well -- nothing there. The SIM card is not active (shows an 'X') and I can see by putting my former telecom's SIM back in that the number is still active through them. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@punkscience 

I assumed that you checked your credit online and there is a $57 pening transaction.  Am I correct?

Did you received a PM welcome email after failed activation?

If yes to both of these 2 questions, put your new PM SIM card in your phone?

Is your phone showing Public Mobile on the top notification bar?

If yes, can you call out?

chris1961

Try sending a PM to the moderator team via this link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator 

About half way down the page you will see a link you can click on to open a PM. "Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here."

punkscience

Unfortunately it seems I can't. The support system won't allow me to create a ticket without a valid Public phone number (which I did not receive). 

chris1961

If you are having trouble with your services, you can contact a moderator thought a support ticket.

Here's a link to support: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

-> on the line "ask me something" write "moderator"

-> then click on "account specific question"

-> afterward click on "no, I want a human"

-> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@punkscience wrote:

My activation failed with a "generic error" (very helpful!) but it didn't stop the transaction from going through. My money was taken but it won't let me login and when I try to recover my password it says it doesn't recognize the email address. So I sit here with a phone which is not activated, $57 spent, and I can't even submit a ticket through your ticketing system without a valid phone number. 

@punkscience  Send a message to the moderators though this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain the situation, and they can look into it.

Need Help? Let's chat.