cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel changing carier?

conradobrunacci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to bring my number to Public from PhonebOx, but the Public made the solicitation two times and because of that my portability is no

7 REPLIES 7

@conradobrunacci    I don't know if the Telus Porting Dept. will be able to help you since your issue sounds a little complicated but I'll private message you their number (check your community inbox to right) and you can talk to them and see if there's anything they can do to help you.

By changing numbers do you mean where to initiate porting in your self serve account?  There is an option to do that although you would still need to respond to the transfer text request that your other carrier sends with a YES so need to keep that SIM in your phone to respond. 

Log into your account and on the right hand side of the screen there's an option to Change Number, select and then you get another page where you can select Porting or Change My Number.  PM permits 4 number changes within 30 days for free.  No limits for porting numbers.

conradobrunacci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will answer all points in just one reply:

• The porting wasn't successful, because the old company (Phonebox) told me that Public Mobile made 2 solicitations, and because of that Rogers blocked my leaving process.
  • I am still using my old SIM card. 
  • No Text message was sent to me
  • I enter the link of eligibility to Move and the answer was:
    • Eligibility to move. xxx-xxx-3437. You've already submitted a request to move your number. Unfortunately, your new request can't be processed.
  • The summary: The old company can not do allow to leave and Public Mobile, which was the one that made the mistake of asking more than one time, can not help me. No Call center or Chat with a human
  • Yes, my account with Phonebox is active
  • I charged for a SIM card activation, I have a Public Mobile SIM card due to the porting process but how can I change the number by myself to serve the account to another number? The My Profile page does not allow me to do anything. What is the meaning to start with a working number/account? I just want to move the line from Phonebox to Public. Or cancel it. 

• Today I am paying both bills. This is not fair, considering that someone told here that no refund is possible. 
  • And it is even worst if I had to wait 30 days for an incomplete porting request in order to be cancelled and only at that moment I will try again, It is not fair.
  • How I can contact PM porting department? There is no number. I made all processes online!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you can make calls/SMS in and out then your porting has completed and number has been transferred to PM.

If you can only call out but cannot receive calls having PM SIM in your phone, porting has failed (half way).

Within 30 days of incomplete porting, request will be cancelled and you will get random phone number assigned.

As long as porting is not complete you can contact PM porting department and ask them to cancel it. Ask if you need porting support phone number and somebody will send it to you by private mail.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@conradobrunacci 

Check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Also, is your account with PhonebOx active? It will need to be an active account to port over to Public Mobile.

Were you charged for a SIM card activation, or did you already have a phone number that you were using with Public Mobile?

If you do not have a working Public Mobile SIM card due to the porting process see if you can change the number in your self serve account to another number under the 'Change Number' option under My Profile. At least you can start with a working number/account.

If still issues, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance to inquire or get something set up.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@conradobrunacci wrote:

I tried to bring my number to Public from PhonebOx, but the Public made the solicitation two times and because of that my portability is no

Why not fix the number porting?  There's no refunds for plans not used and you've already paid Public Mobile.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@conradobrunacci 

If you didn’t reply to the text from Phonebox with their SIM in your phone then the porting process will not be completed.

The old Phonebox SIM should still work in your phone.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So the porting wasn't successful? If you have the old sim still and it wasn't ported over you still be able to keep it with them. I would contact their customer service to confirm that the number is still available since it sounds like you didn't port it over..it should be. If you did port it over and then had an issue due to the April 1st shenanigans and got double charged. You would have to port the number back over to your last provider and get a new sim and activation, etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.