cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change language

PHarrison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting text notifications and call out messages in French, which I do not speak. When I call 611 it is also in French. I have been trying for over a year to get this changed and nothing works. Now my PM doesn’t even work and I have no idea why because I don’t speak French! 

8 REPLIES 8

@Yummy wrote:

When you login into your self-serving account, is it in English or French?

What address do you have in self-serving account? Maybe notification is based on that address?

If you manage to resolve this issue and get answer how to change language, PLEASE post here so we know.

Text message notification and voicrmail default langauge are not set by the mailing address. It is selected/set during activation.  Also Self Serve doesn't have adefault language. The language gets set depending entirely on which website address that the customer loads.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes please keep us updated as the language thing seems to be hit and miss on multiple fronts 

@dust2dust wrote:

The last line made me laugh.

Moi aussi!   😂

PHarrison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, my language preference is set to English.

Thanks for the tip in submitting a request. I was getting the run around with that a bit.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you login into your self-serving account, is it in English or French?

What address do you have in self-serving account? Maybe notification is based on that address?

If you manage to resolve this issue and get answer how to change language, PLEASE post here so we know.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I know how to change voicemail language.

Meow_0-1649256172771.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The last line made me laugh. You will need to contact the support people to set your preferred language. You can set the voicemail to either but not 611 or the system generated things.

You were probably caught up in the April 1 problem. The support people can help you with that too.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PHarrison  There is no language preference in the My Account that can control the language you getting in the communication and text or 611 menu.    Yes, there is the language preference in voicemail, your voicemail is in English right?

I think you can open a ticket with PM support to have them change for you :

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.