cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Is This Possible? (Solved by PM)

mattimi0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I switched today but I stupidly entered my Fido number instead of my account number during setup. Now when I try to transfer my phone number I get an error saying that's not possible. And I called Fido and my number hasn't been switched yet. But I can see I've already used some data here. So can I just cancel my Fido or is my number transferred?

5 REPLIES 5

@mattimi0 wrote:

So I switched today but I stupidly entered my Fido number instead of my account number during setup. Now when I try to transfer my phone number I get an error saying that's not possible. And I called Fido and my number hasn't been switched yet. But I can see I've already used some data here. So can I just cancel my Fido or is my number transferred?

As said earlier -  and I can't emphasize this enough - do not call Fido to cancel your account.  If you do that, you will lose the ability to transfer your phone number.

The error message that you are receiving now is probably just a Public Mobile self-serve system limtiation.  Once a porting request has been made, I do not believe it will let you re-do the request.  Only the moderators can fix this for you.  They will resubmit another request to Fido on your behalf after hearing from you.

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Don't cancel your Fido account! Your account will be cancelled automatically once the port is complete. If you cancel your account, you risk losing your number forever.

The porting process may take several hours. During this time, both your PM and Fido accounts will be active. Are you able to call from your PM service? Do you have a temporary number? You can get in touch with the moderator team to double check the situation, though.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@CS_Agent Also to post in the forum doesn't one already need a community account?

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey there Mattimi0, please create a Community account and send a private message to @CS_Agent since we changed the way we communicate with our customer. I'll be more than happy to take a look into it for you.

@mimmo yep.  Seems a very silly suggestion for a moderator to have made.

@mimmo wrote:

@CS_Agent can you expand on what has changed in your communication with customers? 

Sure would be nice, wouldn't it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mattimi0 include the following info in you message to mods see below.

@CS_Agent can you expand on what has changed in your communication with customers? Also to post in the forum doesn't one already need a community account?

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey there Mattimi0, please create a Community account and send a private message to @CS_Agent since we changed the way we communicate with our customer. I'll be more than happy to take a look into it for you.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.