cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. For one of my other PM A/C's. when trying to do manual payment, the Payment Toggle is greyed out

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Need to know what happened and how to rectify

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@HALIMACS 

Solutions for most are hard to come by....I just like to give credit where credit is due and directly help others seeking a solution to their similar issue be as direct as possible. Your post was a direct route to the fix. Mine got the OP there eventually but addresses several different issues that can occur when making payments and is meant as a guide to avoid any or all of those problems frequently encountered by customers. If they learn to employ the method everytime they will be unlikely to encounter a problem in the future.

I sometimes get an error message myself because I go into an account to check something and then decide when I'm in there I should top it up and what the......oh yeah! Log out and start over with clearing my browser etc.... its a matter of making it a habit so it becomes second nature. This has helped my referrals whose accounts I don't have to manage not encounter a problem in well over a year.

@darlicious wrote:

@makkahn28 

Did you self suspend the account and forget? @HALIMACS did in fact correctly identify your issue whereas my suggestion while having the same effect by default was intended to force the pay system to take your payment. Unless you felt my post helped you apply the payment successfully remarking your solution to @HALIMACS  would be appropriate. This can be done by going to your original post and clicking the three dots at the top right corner and using the option contained within. Happy to hear you have successfully renewed the service on that account.

@darlicious 

My use of that suggestion to check lost/stolen status was 'borrowed' from another user from awhile back, so let's call it a "Community solution"  (we all learn from one another, ultimately).   

For interest's sake, @makkahn28 , here's the thread:

Solved: unable to resume account (account suspended due t... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@makkahn28 

Did you self suspend the account and forget? @HALIMACS did in fact correctly identify your issue whereas my suggestion while having the same effect by default was intended to force the pay system to take your payment. Unless you felt my post helped you apply the payment successfully remarking your solution to @HALIMACS  would be appropriate. This can be done by going to your original post and clicking the three dots at the top right corner and using the option contained within. Happy to hear you have successfully renewed the service on that account.

@makkahn28 

Good to see my earlier suggestion to that effect, seconded by @darlicious in a subsequent post, was the fix!!!  😉

Absolutely

Thanks

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@makkahn28 :Now that your payment button working again, you should choose an accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button on one of the above posts that helped you most - doing so will also help others in future who have same problem you had.

@darlicious wrote:

@makkahn28 

Follow this method when making a manual payment to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Hi. I checked the Lost/Stolen and saw it was on, turned off, and then went back to Payment, worked.

As Homer Simpson said it best, DOH

@CS_Agent , the email that is associated with that Cell is not used in Community, just to let you know

@makkahn28 

Follow this method when making a manual payment to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

@CS_Agent , I sent a Ticket of the issue, BUT that the email is different

I manage about 3, My parents, who my Father's is the one that needs to be fixed, and Uncle, and my own

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28

By any chance, had you previously marked the subject account/phone as lost or stolen on self serve?

Perhaps try checking that field to see if it is labelled as lost or stolen and if so, remove that designation.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@makkahn28 

The website is finicky.  Try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Sometimes trying a different device also help.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

If you cannot manually switch it back, logout of account and clear cache and cookies, open an incognito tab and just try again.

You could also try making a manual payment through *611 with a payment voucher from a local mobile merchant.

Need Help? Let's chat.