Help

Gwiens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m phone does not call Canada from Yuma az

phone number is ### #######

18 REPLIES 18

Gwiens

Funny my husbands phone works down in Yuma with the 65.00 plan which I have also. Please help

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I seem to remember a further complication with iphones and current OS is that the 2G GSM option is no longer selectable. I seem to think it can switch down but sometimes some areas won't work for that. Whereabouts are you? There is no T-Mobile in Alaska so since your phone does not have volte and talk only works on T-Mobile, T-Mobile has nothing for us in Alaska.
You can still text and use data on AT&T but you need T-Mobile and their 2G GSM for talk.

HI @Gwiens 

iPhone 6 does not have VoLTE

you need to change back to T-Mobile and try using only 2G to make calls

Your husband's phone work better, could be because he has a newer phone

Gwiens

Changed my phone back toat&t

phone says your call has faiked

HI @Gwiens 

after you change to AT&T, go back to network mode screen and make sure it is set to Automatic or LTE (4G), then try to make calls (or try data) and see if it works

Gwiens

I know how to change networks to t mobile or AT&T but how to I test at &t network lte /4g

Gwiens

I have an iPhone 6

HI @Gwiens 

what phone do you have?

using T-Mobile is ok.  But if you like you can try to change the network mode to 2G and test

or you can use AT&T and use network mode LTE/4G and check 

Gwiens

I manually changed my network to t mobile but now don’t have any sound when making calls

@Gwiens  What phone do you have?

Calling requires either volte enabled on the phone or using T-Mobile and their old 2G GSM.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So I'm guessing the suggestions in this thread did not work?

Help - Community (publicmobile.ca)

HI @Gwiens are you able to manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T?

Gwiens

My phoe ne receives texts and emails but no phone calls.  I am on 65.00 USA to Canada plan as we are in Yuma az currently.  my husband has the same plan and woks just fine. Help me plse

@Gwiens 

The $65 US/Canada plan doesn’t require a US Roaming.

Go to your phone cellular settings and manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T network.

Gwiens

My husbands phone works great down here  we have purchased the 65

plan

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gwiens 

to be able to call Canada from US, you need to buy US roaming add-on, did you get one? or are you on the Canada-US plan? 

if not, then you will have to use other way to Call back Canada.  You can call it free using VoIP app TextNow,

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gwiens 

Please remove your personal information by clicking on the V in circle and edit or your will get spammed.

PM doesn’t have service in Yuma, AZ unless your have purchased a U.S. Roaming Add-on. Login to your account and make your purchase.

You can use WhatsApp on wifi for free calling and texting.

Need Help? Let's chat.