cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with new account.

douglal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I signed up for a new account today.  I received the following message twice from 83585:

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

My alternate number has not received a call and I am unable to access the network.  Not sure what the next steps are.  I also have not had luck with the virtual assistant.  

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

douglal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you to everyone for the support.  I learned quite a bit in this process.  

1. The porting was an issue because my husband and I were on a shared plan with Zoomer.  Because I was trying to switch providers but my husband was still on the previous plan, Zoomer would need to make a stand alone account for him before porting my phone.  To avoid this, we put in the request to switch him over as well.  (We wanted to ensure we had decent PM service before moving him over which is why we didn’t try to switch both numbers initially) 

2. Zoomer does not text you to confirm the switch so you will not receive a notification from them about consent for the port.  

3. The PM community is very helpful and supportive.  Thanks to everyone who reached out as we navigated this transition! We now have better service at our cottage and are feeling happy about making the switch in spite of the difficulties we had!

Thanks again!

L

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@douglal 

Alternatively, you can log into your self-serve, go onto your profile section and transfer your number from the other provider there.

Make sure to use the other provider account number instead of the IMEI

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@douglal  No worries there’s a number for live support can help re trigger the port request for you .will send private message as we not allowed to post it here . And get it fixed 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@douglal you can also contact customer support by private messaging 'CS_Agent'.

Or maybe try calling the tells porting number. I will private message you it.

Need Help? Let's chat.