cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with invoice to include HST

gabrobin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I need help with acquiring a 2023 invoice for work. I've received 3 separate invoices with GST only, but live in a province where HST is paid. I've specifically requested to Public mobile agents that it include HST on 2 of these invoices, without success. Any advice on how I can acquire an accurate invoice to include HST? Thanks so much. 

21 REPLIES 21

Yosemite_Sam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Taxes are based on your phone number. 

@gabrobin wrote:

Agree 100%. PM says it is all to do with accounting. Not sure what goes on behind the scenes...  

@gabrobin When you take your monthly bill tax paid and extrapolate it for the year 2023 it shows that you paid more tax than the invoice they gave you for the year? I'm no accountant but I would think the tax a customer pays should be reported and forwarded to the government. If PM's accounting department is reporting/forwarding less tax than is actually paid it would be an issue I would think.

I would send them a message again with these sorts of questions regarding tax reported and the fact that you paid more and ask them to escalate the request up to someone who can actually explain or correct it.

gabrobin

Agree 100%. PM says it is all to do with accounting. Not sure what goes on behind the scenes...  

gabrobin

Thanks! I can't find my address in the Manage EverSafe ID tab... But will try to submit a ticket to update my address! 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

What's really interesting about this question is the fact that PM has issued an invoice that does not accurately reflect the tax paid over the year for the account.

@gabrobin wrote:

which are incorrect as I paid HST only based on my area code being from NB. I live in AB.

HI @gabrobin 

I think the problem is your address on PM's My Account is set as AB.  Please go to My Account, Profile, Manage EverSafe ID and update your address to a NB's (just use any friend's address0.  After you changed to that, your invoices after should be ok.  

But for now, the old invoices, you will need support to adjust and reissue

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

@slusagm wrote:

@gabrobin 

nothing to do with NB or AB, the invoices PM has simply does not inlcude tax.  I don't think they can do much, but check with PM.  Just open a ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right

@slusagm As indicated in the OP's initial post, the invoices for the year do include tax, just not the correct one.

@gabrobin I would contact CS and ask them why their annual invoices do not reflect the HST from NB. (I am assuming you did ask for an annual 2023 invoice from CS?)

@gabrobin 

nothing to do with NB or AB, the invoices PM has simply does not inlcude proper tax.  I don't think they can do much, but check with PM.  Just open a ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right

gabrobin

@Neil11 I do have an NB number. I don't want the AB tax rate - I need an accurate invoice reflecting my HST payments from 2023.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The HST is based on the area code of your phone number. Do you still have NB number? You would have to change it to an AB to get that tax rate.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

thanks @kb_mv, I'll know this bit of information going forward 🙂

gabrobin

Hi all, I need help with acquiring an accurate 2023 invoice for work. I've received 3 separate annual invoices with GST from agents (have specifically requested HST be included twice), which are incorrect as I paid HST only based on my area code being from NB. I live in AB. Other than asking agents for another invoice to specifically include HST, any ideas on how I can access this? Unfortunately, the monthly invoices in my account don't go back far enough. Thanks in advance! 

gabrobin

NB

gabrobin

@Meow yep, definitely realizing this. I paid HST however but this was not reported on my annual invoice - need help!

@gabrobin wrote:

Hi @kb_mv , thanks yes I do! I did have my billing address in AB, but my area code is from another province. My monthly invoices all include HST (unfortunately don't go back far enough on my profile), which was consistent with the charged payments, but then the yearly invoice had GST only. Any advice on how to sort this out with the annual invoice based on the charges including HST? 

@gabrobin For all of 2023 what area code did you have?

gabrobin

@eddieO yep, the annual invoice showed GST only. My billing address and area codes are from different provinces, but I'm not sure how to have this accurately reported on the 2023 invoice since I paid HST for the year? 

gabrobin

Hi @kb_mv , thanks yes I do! I did have my billing address in AB, but my area code is from another province. My monthly invoices all include HST (unfortunately don't go back far enough on my profile), which was consistent with the charged payments, but then the yearly invoice had GST only. Any advice on how to sort this out with the annual invoice based on the charges including HST? 

@eddieO wrote:

Hi @gabrobin, for clarification is the invoice you are looking for actually showing GST in the subtotal amount towards the bottom? I live in Ontario and my invoice is showing HST in the subtotal. Did you move provinces? If your credit card is linked to a different province this could account for why you are not seeing the correct tax code/percent

@eddieO The credit card on file is irrelevant. Tax is based on the area code of the number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your tax is based on your AREA code not your address.

So you can be in a province charging 13% or whatever tax but have area code in province charging less tax. It might be inconvenient if for some people it could be long distance calling you but you will pay less.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @gabrobin, for clarification is the invoice you are looking for actually showing GST in the subtotal amount towards the bottom? I live in Ontario and my invoice is showing HST in the subtotal. Did you move provinces? If your credit card is linked to a different province this could account for why you are not seeing the correct tax code/percent

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@gabrobin Tax is paid based on the location of your area code. Do you by chance live in a different province than your number? Like live in Ontario and your number is an Alberta area code?

Edit: in this case I would assume they would list the GST and PST?

Need Help? Let's chat.