cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with account access

barichello
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My parents were visiting me on Xmas, so I bought them a disposable chip so they could use 4g while visiting. The issue is that the registration form allowed me to create an account using the "email+whatever@gmail.com" pattern, but the forgot password sanitizes the field to remove the special character "+", turning my email into "emailwhatever@gmail.com" which is invalid.

Unfortunately, my account is set to auto-payment and I don't have either the sim card (hence I don't know the number that line was associated with) or the box with the PIN number to try any of the alternative ways of resetting my password in order to remove the auto-payment.

I even created the email "emailwhatever@gmail.com" to see if I'd receive any emails, but that did not work because probably my email is set with the "+" on the database making the email addresses to not match. I was already charged once on my credit card and I want to remove this auto payment ASAP as I'm not using it.

I tried calling the support phone number but there was no option to talk to an agent

10 REPLIES 10

@barichello  Good stuff we happy to hear it 🙂

barichello

CS_Agent was able to remove the auto-payment from my account, tks for the help y'all

A self-serve option is to dial 1-855-4pu-blic and get the date of the next renewal. Then on the evening before, log in to your credit card and pause it for the night. That will disallow the charge to be made putting the account into suspension. 90 days later the account will disappear.

barichello

I sent a msg to the 'CS_Agent', thanks for the help. I'll update the thread with further info.

@barichello  Reach out to support with link in my first post to you and have them remove credit card info associated with your account / phone number 

barichello

I used to have an account with PM a few years ago, so when I tried to register the new SIM I used the same email but with "+whatever" suffix (it's called "email alias") which the form allowed me to use, but now the reset password form does not allow me to type a special character.

barichello

Unfortunately I don't have neither the SIM or the PIN number, just a ghost account with my credit card on it

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Did you link another email address to the gmail or a phone number?

Do the forgot password process on gmail. 

PM cannot help, unless you forgot the password for using it when logging into my account. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@barichello  Actually if you know the PIN number to account you can try to disable auto pay by *611

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@barichello  sounds like you need to submit a ticket 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.