cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is my porting occurs?

kashempm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I have tried to port my account on Jan 24, 2023 but due to some reason, it was effective from Feb 17, 2023.

So my payment cycle will start from Feb 17 to March 17. So my account should be still active. I wll pay before 17 March 2023. Why my services has stopped?

Abul

8 REPLIES 8

kashempm

I opened my account was Jan 24.

Activation day is Feb 17, 2023

Why you suspend my account?

Hi @kashempm   again service started from the date you activated, not when the porting was completed.  From the date you activated, you have outgoing calls access and data access, just not getting incoming calls.  

You can of course try to open ticket with PM CS agent and see if they can do anything. 

To open ticket with CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@kashempm  We are just customers like you trying to help public mobile is prepaid so typically no refunds … but in the even you are owed one you need to contact support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

kashempm

I talked with Telus, They informed me that your Actual porting occurs on Feb 15, 2023.

So they advised me to contact you to fix it.

Please fix the billing cycle from Feb 15 to ?

Thank you

Abul

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @kashempm Porting occurs the moment you request.  Did you request porting on Jan 24?  Why you said it was effective Feb 17?  

If you activate on Jan 24, the service starts on Jan 24 and not the time when porting completed

So, your cycle was from jan 24 to Feb 22.    Today is Feb 24, you likely missed your payment.  

Login to My Account , check if the status is Suspended.  Pay manually to resume service

Again, your service started form the day you activated the account, not when the porting was completed

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kashempm 

Your renewal date is on a 30 days cycle not monthly cycle so it will be shorten approximately every 2 months.

Login to your account and check to see if it is Active.

If not, make m payment or enable AutoPay.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kashempm  Also note that billing is every 30 days not monthly 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kashempm  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677254790687.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

Need Help? Let's chat.