cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me! International service

ManuelZam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had to travel to Colombia, and i will be here for a while, I brought my Public mobile SIM, But i dont get signal, SMS minutes or Data, is there  a way i can activate my number  here so I can use  my plan with from here to Canada, and also receive  SMS from there, like i used to?

Thank you so much  I would really appreciate your help!

6 REPLIES 6

@ManuelZam your only other alternative is to ask a trusted friend or family member in Canada to buy a PM SIM, then transfer your account to the new SIM. They can then receive the codes as long as they're in Canada.

sorry @ManuelZam , since PM does not provide service in Colombia, you won't receive those text as all.  You will have to reach out to those services/bank and ask them if they have alternate way to provide 2FA protection, like via email or Authenticator app

ManuelZam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks For your Reply.. I am wondering, because i have lost access to some critical accounts from other services or profiles, and in a couple of them i have been asked  to put a code they sent me to my mobile... which doesnt work due to the lack of signal, and  because  this is the number I used to open those accounts... any  Idea of how I can get to see the messages  i receive even if  i am not in Canada? Or does anyone have some ideas of What can  I do to those accounts  that have my Public Mobile number linked as the Only verification method?

Thank you so much, 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Please note that Public Mobile only works in Canada and USA with add-ons. You cannot use it internationally.  You would have to purchase a local SIM card from Columbia or where you go in order to have service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ManuelZam PM does not have roaming service outdidbof IS, so, no service at all in Colombia

so, you will have to rely on local data sim card or travel eS*M like Airalo (if you phone is eSIM compatible)

You can download VoIP app TextNow to use make free voice call and text for free to Canada 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ManuelZam wrote:

Hi, I had to travel to Colombia, and i will be here for a while, I brought my Public mobile SIM, But i dont get signal, SMS minutes or Data, is there  a way i can activate my number  here so I can use  my plan with from here to Canada, and also receive  SMS from there, like i used to?

Thank you so much  I would really appreciate your help!

Sorry you are unable to use Public Mobile outside of Canada.  The only Roaming add-ons available are for if you are traveling to the US.  For service in Columbia you will have to purchase a plan while you are there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.