cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Transpher Sim Card to my new iPhone 13 failed to work

WillRan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Have a new iPhone 13 and I placed my old sim card in it.

Cant use the data or accept calls when not connected to the wifi.

It says it is connected to public Mobile but no apps or messaging works unless I'm connected to my wifi.

58 REPLIES 58

We cannot set APN on iOS?  no wonder I am still on Android. LoL

@CalgaryBen   Again, thanks very much for dropping by.  You need to be here more often to help our iPhone users here  🙂

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech wrote:

You cannot set APN on iOS?  no wonder I am still on Android. LoL

Well, you can't through the UI.  I think Apple is protecting 99.9% of the users out there who would have no need to change the APN, and if they did, it would only cause grief.  If you need to set the APN, usually it's done through corporate policy/configuration tools that a company's IT department would use, and pushed to the iPhone/iPad.  The unlockit site that I mentioned in this post basically provides a way to download/install a policy/configuration that essentially sets the APN.

Having said that, people using a device like an iPad do have the option to set the APN, as that is a use case where setting the APN does have a very common/real use case (e.g. a corporation may need their iPads to be on a pool of IP addresses that their corporate back office/VPN can access, or perhaps they have custom applications that require a public and/or static IP address, etc.).

@softech wrote:

@CalgaryBen   Again, thanks very much for dropping by.  You need to be here more often to help our iPhone users here  🙂

That's why I wrote up all those articles I keep linking/referencing -- I was trying to obsolete myself!  They probably cover 95% of the recurring questions from iPhone users.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WillRan wrote:

I really appreciate all this help...but I'm going to have to reevaluate my options. I really need my phone to be fully functional. I also can't erase everything and start over. Too much of my life is on this phone. I'm stuck with IOS 15.4

I didn't read every post/response of yours, but based on the few that I read, I think this post could get things on track for you.  It'll reset your network settings, so you'll have to re-establish your WiFi credentials, but it'll at least get rid of the blockers that most iPhone users encounter (especially if you were ever on Wind/Freedom, or you've ever installed a VPN).

softech
Mayor / Maire

@WillRan 

did you have any backup done before you jumped into Beta? like from iOS 14? 

Look like If you want to immediately downgrade from the iOS 15 beta (public or developer), you’ll need to erase and restore your iPhone.  With this, you won’t be able to restore from a backup done on iOS 15 when going back to iOS 14. So, you will need to restore from a previous iOS 14 backup.

Before you do so, back up all the important things first, like photos , video , app settings etc

@WillRan   any luck so far?

check this out, this is what another member did:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cellular-data-not-working/m-p/784280/high...

@WillRan   You got it?  give us the good news...  🙂

WillRan

I did the above. Downgrading to 15.3 works but then I can't use the backup from my 15.4. not compatible. I would have to start from scratch. Not wanting to do that. I've spent too much time as it is trying to solve this. So I've switched carriers. I have no issues now and everything works as it should. Thanks, softech! I really appreciate you trying to solve this for me.

@WillRan wrote:

I did the above. Downgrading to 15.3 works but then I can't use the backup from my 15.4. not compatible. I would have to start from scratch. Not wanting to do that. I've spent too much time as it is trying to solve this. So I've switched carriers. I have no issues now and everything works as it should. Thanks, softech! I really appreciate you trying to solve this for me.

You switched away?  oh no

Yes, the backup you did when you are in beta is good for beta only

what people suggested is always make a backup before you try beta.

anyway... at least you are good now  🙂

WillRan

I certainly have learned from this. I also have become more astute with my iPhone...like loading IOS files from iTunes.. finding websites that carry the IOS files to upgrade or downgrade with. Thanks again softech! I really liked Public Mobile and this forum is the best.