cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular data not working

Westvanna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried a network reset and took out the sim already… any other suggestions??

31 REPLIES 31

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MrElbe 

If you tag @amystewart they may be more inclined to look at your post and realize that you gave them the link to the fix.

@amystewart 

Look at @MrElbe post above for the fix to your data issue.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

MrElbe

No need to downgrade anymore if you use this referenced fix:

Fix for iOS 15.4 (19E5209h) Data issue - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Or, wait for Public Beta 3 which also fixes this problem.

amystewart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you downgrade the iOS of your phone? I don’t have any previous backups. 

MrElbe

Yes, I was able to downgrade via iTunes app in Windows 11. You will have to have the iTunes program running and the iPhone connected via USB cable. Then press upper volume button quickly and release. Do same with lower volume button. Then hold the right button until you get a refresh message on the phone and a dialog box on the iTunes screen offering to Update or Refresh. Press the Refresh and let 'er rip. It will refresh the last official release which is 15.3 at the moment. When that has completed, keep the USB cable connected and use the backup restore function in the iTunes screen.

After all that is done, set up or sign in to your Apps.

I got into the Beta program by signing up.

@MrElbe   Glad you are back with a working phone.

curious, even you don't have a good backup, does that mean you an still downgrade back to 15.3 but just need more setup after? or you cannot downgrade at all

and how you got into Beta? you choose to do it or you just somehow got into Beta program?

MrElbe

I downgraded the iPhone 12 Pro Max to 15.3 via iTunes. Luckily there was a week old backup in the cloud and I am back in business. PM works as advertised and shows LTE beside the icon instead of 3G. 

Another problem is my Apple watch 6. It refuses to pair because the iPhone is at a lower level. Apparently there is no way for a user to downgrade the watch. It has to be sent to Apple if they condescend to downgrade it.

My solution is to keep the watch in the desk drawer until official iOS 15.4 is available or a Public Beta comes out that fixes the problems with the current Beta. In the meantime I am using my old cheap CA$ 55.- Amazon watch that has 80% of the Apple watch functionality and holds its charge for close to two weeks as opposed to the two day Apple watch.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Lol......sorry I answered a call from my mom right after I posted and your post didn't show at the time with this new forum design.....stats stand as nearly the same as does my point. Credit should be given where credit is due.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Um...what am I...on ignore? First reply thank you very much. Since we're sayin' stuff.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I realize the OP selected the solution. But I think it's important that when there us such competition for solutions that members should make the effort to ensure that other members get the credit when due and we should do it to make sure those who get only a few solutions per month ( I'm not saying me but yes I am using this thread as the example) get a solution when they first make the connection to the solution. When a member gets 138 solutions in a month and in my case that is nearly 100 more than my solutions really you should be prepared to at least point the OP in the right direction to where the credit or solution should be given. Just saying....if this was @AE_Collector's post identifying the solution surely you would want him to double his average solutions per month rather than it just being another notch on your very long list?

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

sorry @darlicious ...

but more will come and report issue.. I am surprised so many Apple users are brave enough to use Beta version.  Some of them are not even tech savvy and have no clue how to remove it

@softech 

Funny how I mentioned that in my first post.

@Anonymous some users who experienced the issue here posted in Reddit,  2 Rogers user reply having the same issue.  One said a network refresh fixed if bit the other one has no success.  

I guess we can ask ppl to try a network reset first before downgrading 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : A quick look points to an ipv6 problem.

@Anonymous i am going to check around tonight.  But last night I searched and I don't see many Non PM ppl talks about it. 

so far we have  6 to 8 confirmed cases here 

@Westvanna downgrade iOS back and it should work.

for most people, just delete the Beta profile, reboot the phone and wait for Apple to push back the old version 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Finally! I was heading out hoping you were around still.

Were you able to find the answer to the previous thread on whether this is a PM thing or others?

Westvanna

Aha!  It is 15.4

thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Westvanna , can you go to Settings-About and confirm what iOS version do you have?

@andrewhunt12 it is confirmed by multiple users that has 15.4 beta does not work on PM and will have issue like  yours.   They downgrade back to 15.3 or 15.2.1 and work without issue again.  

please try downgrade it back

@Westvanna wrote:

Yes lots of data left.. updated Operating version 

@Westvanna  - you are showing at least one Data type line item showing under this area, yes?

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

If yes, okay, good.

andrewhunt12

My data also not working, only recent change is ios 15.4 beta. Tried all the reset stuff, checked APN, etc. Calling / SMS still works

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Westvanna 

maybe you use all data then is will be stop until next renewal cycle, or purchase Add-ons..

Edit: try your SIM in another device,

Westvanna

Yes lots of data left.. updated Operating version 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Westvanna : What is the version of the operating system? Do you still have data left in your account under My Data & Add-ons?

Westvanna

Not a new account…iPhone 12 mini. Just data stopped working today. Calling works still

Westvanna

Have had account for over a year and no problems until today..

calling works fine

Westvanna

iPhone mini 12

@Westvanna wrote:

Tried a network reset and took out the sim already… any other suggestions??

Has the data ever worked and are you a new customer?  This is being asked to determine if this is a new issue with the network or your account vs. if this is an issue with the initital setup/configuration of your device.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

And everything else? Calls/SMS?

What phone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Westvanna 

Has your data worked before? Post a screenshot of your APN for us to see if there are any errors. Do you have an iPhone? You may need to do a software update ( or downgrade if you are on iOS 15.4) and/or a carrier profile update.

Need Help? Let's chat.