cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Porting Koodo number

Ldeluca229
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reached out to a moderator last night to port in my number from koodo after activation. Got the confirmation it was done could take up to 2 hours. Still not working!! I need my old number ASAP!! 

15 REPLIES 15

@Ldeluca229 

Well good to hear that the porting protection worked well and hopefully we will get the same protection here. Currently if that concerns you the best protection other than a strong password, privacy protection and no call centre is a slight change of spelling of your name on your account (or just a whole different name Britney Spears) will prevent a fraudulent port(unless your hacked.)

That aside happy to hear it all worked out and welcome to public mobile!

Ldeluca229

Of course! PM didn't make a mistake and did not port the wrong number, that was me misreading the info! However, my Koodo account had a port protection which blocks the porting process apparently. PM can request it to be removed but to speed things up, i contacted Koodo to get it removed and once that was removed the porting happened instantly basically. I am NOT technology inclined at all so this was frustrating, but everyone has been very helpful and im glad im up and running 🙂

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ldeluca229could you please tell us what the outcome was? Thanks in advance.

@Ldeluca229 

Reply to the last private message with the moderator you were dealing with. We're your phone numbers prepaid or postpaid? While both can be fixed quite easily as they are all under the telus umbrella prepaid is just a number transfer between accounts. Postpaid is an actual port. Certainly an inconvenience  but not the end of the world. Ask for a review link at the end of your dealings and report the mistake so public mobile can look into how the mix up occurred but be sure to note if there was different moderators doing different things. They are under no obligation to supply the link...so be nice when asking for it and then just be honest in your review.

Ldeluca229

Yeah i agree, in the meantime ive sent another ticket to the moderator in hope of getting this resolved, hoping for an answer soon! Fingers crossed.

@Ldeluca229 I think the Telus porting department starts at 9 am. I dont know if they can help in this particular situation, since they have no access to you account.

Ldeluca229

Do you know their business hours by any chance?

Unless your husband plans on coming over to PM @Ldeluca229 you have to contact the moderators and explain your situation. Ask them to change your husbands number back over to Koodo and port yours over immediately.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
- Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
- If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save.

Stay safe

Ldeluca229

They ported my husband phone number... oh my thats not good! I have no idea what to do now? 

Ldeluca229

Havent thought about that! Thanks ill try again!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ldeluca229 log into your self service account and see what number is showing up under plan details. Thanks. Try restarting your phone. Wait 30 seconds and restart it.  If this doesn't work. Let us know thanks.

Ldeluca229

I already submitted a ticket and a moderator said it was done. Should i submit another?

@Ldeluca229 They’re probably not open yet you may have to wait

Ldeluca229

Tried that! Followed the prompt and the automated voice said: sorry we cannot assist you at this time and forwarded me back to the main menu? So frustrating!!

Need Help? Let's chat.