cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I can't receive Calls and Texts!

J_Vercetti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an active subscription but i cant receive any texts or calls. When I check my history on my public mobile account, it shows that I've received texts and calls from my friends but I am not actually receiving them on my phone. Do you know how to get around that?

4 REPLIES 4

Connor5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I have just joined from a different provider and have the same issue, can call but cant receive calls or texts. How do I resolve.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_Vercetti 

if your Usage history on My Account shows you received texts and calls from friend, then it might not be a porting issue.  

May I know what phone do you have?

Try these:

• first try to reboot the phone
  • If that does not work, change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem
  • Also, try the phone in another area if possible, it could be just a local network outage
  • You can also try to see if VoLTE works.  But first, what brand and model of phone you have?
    You can check the VoLTE compatibility here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte
    If you have a compatible one try to turn on VoLTE

iPhone: Likely no extra work need to do as Telus will enable by default but hide the option.  Still you can check
                     Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there
    Pixel Likely no extra work need to do as Telus will enable by default but hide the option.  Still you can check
                    Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there
    Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

Now, turn off Wifi first. Check if the phone status bar showing it is connected to 4G or LTE

Then make some calls, see if the signal indicator shows LTE or drop back to H or 3G while you are on the calls.  If it stays with LTE, then yes, you are using VoLTE, and you can see if calls are any better.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_Vercetti  Did you just port a number into PM ? And did your reply YES with old provider SIM card in the phone to the confirmation text to port ? Either way , no worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J_Vercetti 

Did you just port in from another service recently?

Need Help? Let's chat.