cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all, so my friend and i we're having a discussion and he said he get me my old number back

miklenz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I said oh ya, i dont believe you and i walked into the kitchen and i guess he logged onto my auto signed in account and found my old account number in my emails and changed my number to my old number but i have everything setup to my new number and i want it back!!! is it possible to get it back?

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@miklenz wrote:

I said oh ya, i dont believe you and i walked into the kitchen and i guess he logged onto my auto signed in account and found my old account number in my emails and changed my number to my old number but i have everything setup to my new number and i want it back!!! is it possible to get it back?

@miklenz  - maybe be careful of the challenge you give your friend next time. 😆

Seriously though, I would have been a little upset if someone did that.

See what Customer support agents can do for you, methods for contacting them here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

tip, screen lock your devices. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@miklenz 

If you picked a new PM number then your old number will be put on hold for 90 days from your previous carrier before it is given out.

It might be difficult to get it back if you didn't port your number over to PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miklenz : Customer Service Agent. Click on the cartoon quote button lower right and muddle your way through the chatbot to get to Submit ticket. Read things carefully. Log in using your community credentials first even though you're already logged in.

Be nice. It wasn't their fault you changed the number. 🙂

@miklenz 

A customer support agent ( CSA)are pm employees that deal with account issues that can only be dealt with by accessing your account. Normally they do not help retrieving phone numbers but if you explain your unique circumstances they can probably retrieve your number since it was a pm number to begin with and only recently changed. If you dont like to chit chat with help bots I suggest you contact customer support using my preferred method.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

miklenz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i got the number from public mobile and i need to get the number back if possible what is a csa and how do i get ahold of one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miklenz : Where did the number originate from? Selected from here? Or ported in from elsewhere? If from here then you can wish that the CSA's could get it back for you by asking them. If you got it from elsewhere then you'd need to go back to the "owner" of the number to activate an account with them to re-acquire the number.

Don't autosave login information next time either.

Need Help? Let's chat.