cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hawaii trip. What is the best way to keep phone service.

Pegg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Should I get an add on or get a new sim while on the islands? 

6 REPLIES 6

Pegg

I’ll have to check about the Canada- US plan that you and others are talking about. Haven’t seen that as an option. Just Canada and then international texts 

Pegg

I’ll check but don’t think I have the US roaming. Thank you I’ll do the add on 

Pegg

Thank you I will look at the add on. I don’t have anything with us roaming. 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PeggI just got back from a trip in Europe and was perfectly fine with using the hotel's WiFi with apps like WhatsApp and whatever else I needed that worked off of WiFi. If you feel you'll need cell service you Public Mobile is covered in Hawaii through it's U.S. partners T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon so you could get a roaming add-on for 15 days as has been mentioned

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pegg 

If your plan does not include US roaming, then you can purchase an add-on for 3 or 15 days. if your plan does have US roaming then just make sure it’s on when you travel to Hawaii.

To see the add-ons sign into My Account then click the “+ Add-Ons” on the main page or go to Subscriptions & Add-Ons scroll down then click Shop Add-Ons

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/manage/shop/addons

@Pegg wrote:

Should I get an add on or get a new sim while on the islands? 

Whether you wish to get a SIM card while you're in Hawaii is a choice you'll have to make after taking a look at the price of the wireless services there.  Public Mobile does work in Hawaii if you havea  Canada-US plan or if you have a US roaming add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.