cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble making and receiving calls

DClark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thursday night my wife’s phone (on public mobile) could not send or receive calls. Fine on Friday. Now the issue is on both our phones with public mobile).

Has anyone else experienced similar issue lately? 

we have not changed phone numbers, sim cards or anything else. We have both rebooted our phones which did not fix the issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Tox1c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are using android there is a app called "carrier services" it will not be in the app drawer go to settings > apps uninstall the updates and clear the app data. 

It worked for me, I wasn't able to make phone calls to landline numbers

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @DClark   Which exact city or province you are at?

is Mobile Data working  

try to reseat your SIM and see if it helps.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DClark wrote:

Thursday night my wife’s phone (on public mobile) could not send or receive calls. Fine on Friday. Now the issue is on both our phones with public mobile).

Has anyone else experienced similar issue lately? 

we have not changed phone numbers, sim cards or anything else. We have both rebooted our phones which did not fix the issue.

@DClark  - strange it is happening to you both.

Have you updated software recently on your devices? If not, perhap download the latest updates.

Are you both able to call 611 to check the status of your accounts?

If you do not see a 3G only option (as darlicious posted), look also to select WCDMA only network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if you can send/receive calls then.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DClark 

Are your other services affected? Data? Texts? If not then try switching to 3G only in your settings and see if that fixes your calling issues. It would be caused by cell tower upgrades in your area for the next week or two. You can periodically switch back to the autoconnect setting to see if the issue has been resolved then you will know you can stay on that setting as the work has completed.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DClark  when you log into selfserve what do you see on the overview page? When is your renewal date? Is it possible you both had auto payment failures?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Could it be some outage in your area? Do you have anybody close by with PM service to see if they have similar issue or any friend/relative anywhere with PM?

Check it here... https://www.telus.com/en/nt/outages?linktype=ge-footer

Need Help? Let's chat.