cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive phone calls

Angjelin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I switched my plan to Canada-US and now can't make or receive phone calls. Can you help with this?

5 REPLIES 5

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sorry, S9 is not on PM's VoLTE whitelist

But it is nothing wrong to use 3G with voice call in Canada.  You can just leave it with Automatic and your phone would take care of the network mode change

Only problem is when you are in US.  You can try connect to T-Mobile and your phone could switch down to 2G for voice call

An alternative way to make and receive calls using another number is to use VoIP app.  Download TextNow and it will let you make calls using the apps.  Great workaround when you travel

Angjelin

It's an S9 and by the looks of it S9's are not volTE enabled?

@Angjelin 

what make / model is your cellphone ? For best talkability while in US, you need a phone that is both voLTE enabled AND on the PM whitelist of volte enabled phones.

Angjelin

Data and text work fine. It seems that I'm automatically connected to AT&T and not sure if Public Mobile has a deal with them. They asked for T-Mobile but doesn't seem available on my location

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

how about data and text? 

PM has problem with voice call yesterday, not sure if yours related, but check with PM and ask them to confirm

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.