cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem transferring my number to fido

Bolortuvi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan with public expired today. I cannot transfer my phone to Fido. Please help

8 REPLIES 8

Bolortuvi

Ok thanks everyone! I'll purchase a new plan. Enjoy the weekend..

@Bolortuvi 

Was your Public Mobile service active (able to call and text) before you began the process of porting your number to Fido?

If not, then you won't be able to receive and reply "YES" to the port authorization SMS request from Public Mobile to authorize the port.

I do agree though, it does seem like a money grab.   It's unfortunate there wasn't another effective way to authorize the port out without having to pay for another 30 day cycle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bolortuvi 

You can only port your old number while your account is still active.
If you want to port your old number, you will need to pay for another 30 day cycle.

Bolortuvi

I didn't get the text message. Should I wait a little bit longer? I just received a text saying no action required if you are transferring your number. Really trying to avoid paying as it doesn't make sense. Thank you for your help. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bolortuvi 

In order to port your number to Fido, you'll need to reactivate your Public Mobile account (choose the $15 plan).

Porting can only occur when moving from an active service provider.

Unless you must complete the move to Fido, you may wish to make the best of another cycle payment and move over to Fido in 3 1/2 weeks after reactivating the Public Mobile account.   Just make sure to complete the port before the expiry of your Public Mobile 30-day cycle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Bolortuvi wrote:

My plan with public expired today. I cannot transfer my phone to Fido. Please help

If your plan has expired and is in suspension you won't be able to port it out.  You need to have an active account to port.  You will need to renew your number (pick the lowest priced plan $15) and once re-activated you can port out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bolortuvi    Did you get a text from PM asking you to respond with a YES to authorize the transfer of your number to Fido?  You would have had 90 minutes to respond to that text and transfers of numbers can only be done on active accounts. 

If your PM account expired today and the porting out hasn't completed, then you need to pay at least $15+tax to reactivate your PM account and then ask PM to resend the porting out text again.

Need Help? Let's chat.