cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls go to some random person

dannyt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

People keep trying to call me and apparently speaking to some chris guy on the other end, why are my phone calls to my phone number going to other places? 

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dannyt wrote:

People keep trying to call me and apparently speaking to some chris guy on the other end, why are my phone calls to my phone number going to other places? 

@dannyt  - if you just activated a SIM card, then Public Mobile may have given you a number that was already assigned.

Quickest way to fix it, may be to log into your Self Serve account and use the Change Number option under the My Profile area.

And, I would also submit a ticket through the link @gpixel provided to contact Customer Support, and let them know this.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dannyt 

contact customer support. sometimes PM activates accounts with an already taken number... idk why, but I think that's unacceptable that they do

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST

Phonehelper671
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It just happens. Some websites and companies can gather information like your phone number and it can pass around and it can pass around to other scammers that spam call. It's very common and it's an issue.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

They should ask that Chris guy what his phone number is. Maybe they make typo when dialing your # particularly if only one digits is different.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One more thing to check is to see whether or not your have been SIM card hijacked. Can you make outbound calls on your phone?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dannyt 

Sounds to me that your number is similar to someone named Chris. 

It could be that simple. 

OR this fella named Chris tried to setup a call forward to another number and inadvertently used your number. 

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you maybe inadvertently turn on call forwarding to a random number?

Need Help? Let's chat.