cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully switched over?

wdpm94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see so many complaints, just wondering how many folks have successfully switched? and from what carriers? 

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

Jameelm

Came over from Wind. I activated the SIM first and used the service for about 1 day then I ported my number over from Wind. I did have a WindTab as well but I entered as much information into the fields and ensured it was accurate and I was up and running in under 2 hours. This was around 1pm. Super happy to just have service that works and no more dropped calls on the 401 and DVP, Scarborough, Ajax and Pickering 🙂 Don't even get me started on data speeds and reliability, there is no comparison so much better than Wind.

Khundertmark
We switched 3 phones over from Bell about 4 months ago without any issues. Everything was easy and quick. Within a few mins all 3 phones were up and running with PM 🙂

ericpman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched over from Petro-Canada and it was very fast. Everything worked without a single hiccup.

SWM

Moved my number over from Wind successfully and in less than 10 minutes.

Tvisforme
I moved two numbers from Wind to Public just under two weeks ago. I had no problems with the porting process, even with one of the lines having a balance owing on a WindTab.

jmr18m_98

Just switched from Rogers, not sure how long it took, as I had a locked phone didnt realize it, so purchased another from a Telus user, no issues transfering number either. Only thing that sucks is its an iphone 4 so there are some issues with mms (picture texting). Other than that painless.

corebot
Switched over from Wind last Thursday (Nov 10) around 8 o'clock at night. Number was ported instantly, fully activated within half an hour. Have not had any issues since.

ZeeSam

I recently switched over two lines from Rogers, and it was really easy. Ported both numbers, and it took around 30 minutes for the whole process to be completed.

Tadgm
Ported in the last month 2 koodo, 1 wind, 1 telus and today I ported over 1 bell in the last couple hours. No issues.
Make sure you have the correct imei, alternate number and account number. Also make sure you are aware of the correct spelling of your name on the account you wish to port (we found someone's name spelt wrong, would probably ha well failed the port had we not checked)

cSpots

The second Telus port went flawlessly. It took no more than 15 minutes and we had it on the new sim. My number on the other hand is in some sort of purgatory.

storms54

I setup my account on Nov 12th and it failed at the last step. Been pinging mods since then with no response. Today Virgin seems to release my number, as  my phone went to no service. Popped in the SIM from PM and I got some texts, but clearly no data, no phone and no text plan, so that part is not working yet. Since Saturday self serve won't accept the email and password I provided. I'm hoping for a story like I heard here, that after a few hours it will work. Been about 2 since I noticed so maybe later tonight. My credit card was certainly charged.

You can almost certainly switch. Please just be aware of:

a) potential for Activate Blues, and 

b) "Do nots” for port-ins:

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your old account number EXACTLY as shown on a bill; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use the your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sabbie

Just switched over from Rogers. Was pretty easy as well. I was able to call and text almost immediately and receiving calls took about 30 minutes before it worked.

Artiss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I switched from Telus yesterday (Nov 14 @ 10:00) with no problems with a locked (Telus) iPhone 6.

I didn't take a temp number, just followed the prompts. Had no issue with a bad sim, bad pin or account. 

This transition was WAY easier then I expected, and so glad I did. Checked my Telus account and my number was removed and account was credited automatically for time remaining on current pay period. 

A+

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yep, from Wind. Some initial bumps but after that it was fine.

Basically, my experience: I put in all my personal info, and my port over info but the webpage would time out when it came to selecting a plan, forcing me to start over 3-4 times. After that, I finally got to the CC page and it told me my SIM could not be activated, but when I went to start over, it started telling me the SIM number was invalid. After 5 mins of pure panick, I thought, might as well try out the SIM. Turns out, the SIM was activated, everything was working, but I couldn't recive calls or log on to the self serve account. About 15 mins later, I got a text saying my number's been transferred, and then I started reciving calls, but I still couldn't log on to self serve. 2-3 hrs later, I checked again, and I could log on, and that was the end of that. 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I helped four friends switched to PM. Two Fido failed and need moderators to fix it. One zoomer and one Virgin success.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

There are lots of them. Here is another http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Successful-porting-How-long-did-it-take-an...

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

There are many many more success stories, than failures, unforunately the forums are here to correct issues so you dont necessarily near about all the good ones, just the not so good ones.

One such success story post..

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Success-Stories-Go-Here/m-p/93610/highligh...

Need Help? Let's chat.