cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELPPPP EMERGANCY

shay1942
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have travelled to Iran and when I want to login to my bank account they send the security code to my phone number which I can't receive the code in Iran. My situation is very emergency because now I can't pay for food, rent or anything here! Is Iran included in the international calling add-on? If not, can I transfer my phone number to my friend? please show me a way as I will be homeless if I can't login to my bank app and the bank doesn't cooperate with me

12 REPLIES 12

@philiposechacko wrote:

Try to message the community and ask them for help they would ask for your friends number , name and start the process

Community members cannot help. Others members are other customers and have no access to the customer's Public Mobile account.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shay1942 

I have dealt with this problem when I have gone on international trips. 

One solution is to telephone your bank and ask if they can switch the to the verification via email instead of SMS. 

The other solution is to telephone the bank and ask them to temporarily disable the verification while you are traveling. 

However, usually I have this set up before I go on my trip. I have never tried doing this after I have already left. 

Good luck.

Try to message the community and ask them for help they would ask for your friends number , name and start the process

slusagm

I don't think that is feasible for quick change, or lots of effort . You need to first call your bank and see how to change the phone number.  

while you call the bank, better to take my suggestion and ask them if they have other ways to get the code.  easier and quicker 

Ok, how is the process? I want to do it now, what should I do?

They can help you transfer*

Hi again!

Yes, I can help you transfer your Public Mobile phone number to your friend's phone. However, please note that this process is usually done for a specific reason, such as upgrading or changing phones, and not for temporary access to international SMS.

can I transfer my public mobile phone number to my friend?

philiposechacko

Hi there

1. International SMS forwarding: If you have a friend or family member in another country, you can ask them to send the security code to their phone number, and then they can forward it to you via WhatsApp or another messaging app. This way, you can receive the code and access your bank account.
2. Email-based verification: If the bank allows it, you can try contacting their customer support and ask if they can send the security code via email instead of SMS. This way, you can access your account without relying on international phone reception.

slusagm

that you have to call bank and ask if they have other way for security code, maybe email 

shay1942

The problem is the bank. The bank only send it as sms to my phone number. I can't login into my bank account without that code. I can login to my public mobile account

slusagm

@shay1942 get code via email

on the same screen, click Didn't receive code and then select the email option 

Need Help? Let's chat.