cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMERGENCY FLIGHT BELIZE

Danielle1960
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am flying tomorrow on an emergency Bereavement flight to Belize. Where do i pick up extra minutes and date? Belize?

5 REPLIES 5

@Danielle1960 wrote:

Do i just pick up another SIM card in Belize?

Sorry to hear about all this.

Who you decide to get service from to use in Belize is up to you.  You can sign up to a Canadian cell phone proivder who offers roaming service in Belize, but that will be expensive.  I'm sure that you'll be able to find a prepaid cell phone service in Belize.   Ensure that if you sign up at a store there that the salesperson doesn't sign you up to a postpaid plan.  If you're not planning on staying long, I'm assuming that you wouldn't want a cell phone servcie that keeps renewing.  Even for a prepaid service, make sure that an option for automatic payments to your credit card hasn't been enabled.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile only works in Canada and the United States (with the purchase of roaming add on). You can not use your Public Mobile in any other country. If you wish to use cellular services while you’re in another country, you can look at https://www.airalo.com/belize-esim for affordable data plans and then download an app like Fongo and pick a local number to where you currently live. They do however charge for texting. TextNow is free calling and texting. You can use both of these VOIP programs via WiFi or on a data only SIM card.

Danielle1960

Do i just purchase a SIM card in Belize ?

Danielle1960

Do i just pick up another SIM card in Belize?

@Danielle1960 wrote:

I am flying tomorrow on an emergency Bereavement flight to Belize. Where do i pick up extra minutes and date? Belize?

Your Public Mobile servcie will not work there. For cell phone service, you'll need to purchase it from another company.

Need Help? Let's chat.