cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! I am trying to return as a customer and can't

shawncharro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI I used to have an account here and I switched to Telus and I want to switch back. I purchased a new sim card but it wont let me login to my old account and will not let me create a new account because my phone number is already in use with an account. I also want to transfer my phone number with me. How do I do all of this? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@shawncharro    If you haven't been able to submit a ticket with the chatbot then use the alternative of sending a private message to CS_Agent (also provided in previous posts) but I'll re-post the link again here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You may have forgotten (as a previous customer) that there is no phone assistance available for PM service except if you are having issues with porting your number (stuck port).    I will private message the Telus porting number which is only to be used for that purpose and they will not be able to help you with anything else.

shawncharro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks we followed everything and got an error I attached a screen shot. I still can't get on with support. Any ideas how to talk2022-01-16_14-16-18.png to someone?

pepsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Shawncharro (@shawncharro) - When you migrate your Public Mobile phone number to another carrier, you lose access to the prior account, and that email is associated with the previous account.

You can activate using a different email and then contact Customer Support to have it changed after you've activated.

Because Telus owns Public Mobile, I don't see why this would be a problem.

Contacting Customer Support is as simple as going to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent.

@mimmo wrote:

One issue I encountered though was if you had and active line and wanted to change to an old  email this was not allowed, it only works during sctivstion. Not sure if it has been fixed or not since then 

@mimmo That is interesting.. I thought CS Agent can override anything and able to do this...  

so,  the suggestion  to ask OP to use a random email first and ask CS Agent to change after would not work then?  If OP missed to use the old email during activation, he has no chance after?

but thanks for confirming.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv  a while back pm changed some merging that allowed returning customers to reuse old emails when activating. One issue I encountered though was if you had and active line and wanted to change to an old  email this was not allowed, it only works during sctivstion. Not sure if it has been fixed or not since then 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shawncharro 

when you port to Telus your old account will be permanently closed now you need to start new account with public mobile.

Make sure the old SIM card Telus in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your Telus old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online. only, For 2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35,or more rate plans, for Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB No expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB, just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr.

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges..

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shawncharro   I re-read your post again, No, you cannot login to Self-serve and reactivate that way.   As @Meow  said, you need a new sim and you will then need to activate via Activation portal again https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

You should be able to reuse your email address for this new activation!!

If you are activating $35 plan and above, best is to buy a new SIM in store for around $10 and activate yourself with the code 2GBBonus to get reoccurring extra 2GB monthly   (this promo has to be activate online and NOT in store)

If you are activating $15 or $25, then you should go to a kiosk like Walmart/Loblaw/London drug to have them activate for you.  They will usually give out SIM card for free if you activate with them.  You save the $10 sim cost that way

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@shawncharro wrote:

HI I used to have an account here and I switched to Telus and I want to switch back. I purchased a new sim card but it wont let me login to my old account

Your old PM account is closed. When you ported your number to Telus you automatically forfeited your PM account.

You will have to start as New client, but PM SIM, activate, create PM account, etc. You can initiate porting of your existing number at the same time. Do NOT close Telus account before porting and leave Telus SIM in your phone to answer YES on porting SMS request sent by Telus.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shawncharro 

I think I saw Oracle said you can reuse old Email address when you come back.  Not sure why it is not working

But if you tried and failed , as suggested above, use another one for now and then open ticket with PM support to change it back for you if possible.

to transfer your number with you, you can do it together during activation.  

Step 2 of the Activation gives you choice to Bring existing phone number with you

I suggest you to enter the account number in the next step about porting information instead of using IMEI

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shawncharro 

When you go through the activation process, you should use a different email address than the one you used last time. And pick a new temporary number. Then send a private message to CS Agent, who will help you port in your number from Telus. They can also help you change back your email address to the one you had before.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@shawncharro  - when you port your Public Mobile phone number to another provider you lose access to the last account, and that email is linked to the account you previously had.

You can activate with a different email, then ask Customer Support to change it after you activated.

Since Public Mobile is owned by Telus, I cannot see a big issue doing this.

Methods to contact Customer Support: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.