cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got charged full price again after changing phone plans

Cgfh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an issue that I need help with please. I had a phone plan with public mobile that renewed on Nov 1st and I got charged for that. 
I then saw the new phone plan for $34/month, liked it and switched to it on Nov 10th, selected to change immediately (vs at renewal) and then I got charged full price again on that day. 
I believe I should get a credit for part of the month of the previous plan (about 2/3 of the amount). 
Can someone please help? Thanks so much!

Camila

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Cgfh 

next time, don't let FOMO(fear of missing out) entice you to change immediately. there are warnings before making such plan changes. read through the website before commiting to anything

einsteinbqat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM is a prepaid service, and not a postpaid service. Postpaid services will prorata refund you. So, yeah, you should have chosen to apply the change at renewal.

TheBlackCat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sadly as a prepaid service, you're mostly out of lucky if you chose to renew right away instead of at renewal. You could try with customer support but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You can reach support via private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or via ticket through: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Cgfh

Public Mobile is a pre-paid service to your previous purchase was for 30 days of service. When switching plans and opting the change to take immediate effect, you are essentially cutting your 30 day purchase short. The best way for you to make the most out of your money is to choose the option to change plan at renewal. This will ensure that your new plan takes effect only when your previous 30 day service expires. As for your situation, from what I understand, Public Mobile does not usually refund clients unfortunately. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cgfh 

no pro-rating of plans here. You opted to Change Immediatley so you forfiet old plan remaining and pay for new right away.  Should have selected Change on Renewal instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.