cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new sim card to replace my old sim card after old phone stolen - not working

wontontoni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new phone (iphone 13) is unable to receive texts and calls even though I already changed the sim card on my account after ordering a new one. I've restarted it several times to no avail and tried putting the sim card in other phones from my friends but its not working. 

What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So you went through the proper process of changing your sim in your self serve. Is the phone brand new or did you buy it used?

If the latter you can check to see if it is blacklisted.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wontontoni 

When you swapped sim cards did you....

1. Entered the new sim card # and recieved a green check mark?
  2. Checkmarked the email 2FA option?
  3. Recieved the verification code via email and entered it correctly?
  4. Got the confirmation message of a successful sim card swap on your screen?

Since you tested the sim card in another phone it either didn't provision correctly to your account or its a dud sim card. Contact customer support to see if they can reprovision it from the account side. In the meantime see if you can provision it on your own by....

1. Make a manual $1 top up payment to your account. Log out and reboot.
  2. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot.

If still no joy you will have to wait for customer support to reply in the morning. Although if you are online you might luck out and get late night service from a CSA. If the sim is a dud purchase one from a local retailer and submit a copy if your receipt for a credit to your account.

Edit:

@hairbag1 

You cannot swap a sim card while suspended via lost/stolen.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

In the self service portion of your account, did you report your old phone as Stolen ? If so...no go back and Resume service.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

log into your account to make sure the number listed as your SIM card is matching the one in your phone.  Did you follow all the steps when switching SIMs

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.