cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google maps Navigation drops

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a 2021 Mazda CX 5 and my Android Samsung Google car navigation maps blanks out and permanently stops. Its not like i am passing a blind spot as it never reconnects unless i restart everything. I don't know if this because i have 3G on Public Mobile. If i restart the map from scratch, it will start, then blank out and stop again very soon. I have Samsung cell phone and no problems when not connected to car. My car navigation software if up to date. 

Any help appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Champ440SS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have the same issue with my Samsung A50, really annoying on the highway. Did you find a fix for it? 

luigibell78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Take the car to the dealer and ask if there are any software updates for the radio. Very common to have glitchy software on the radio. We have to update them all the time.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I assume you use Android Auto?

Your car navigation has noting to do with using Android auto. Two independent platforms.

It looks like communication between your phone and car's unit is not working properly. I do not think you need any cell connection in your phone to use Google maps From the phone as they can be used while off-line.

Did this connection ever worked properly or it is recent occurrence?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guspublic1 : Sounds more like the car to me too but can you try changing network mode to 3G or WCDMA or UMTS or HSPA. Perhaps LTE is weak in those areas that it blanks out. Is it the same spot that it blanks out? Is it a certain amount of predictable time that it blanks out? Can you navigate around while walking? Or a different car and not connected to it?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Guspublic1   Your "3G on Public Mobile" should still be LTE , except it is capped to 3Mpbs only.  

For the Samsung Cell phone, what kind?   What Android version it is on?

Since you said the Samsung cell and Google map is working without problem when no connected to the car, it sounds like an issue with your car system more than the phone or the PM network

Need Help? Let's chat.