cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going over the 100 calling minutes.

Edsport
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, i'm on the $15 plan. If i go over my 100 calling minutes, can i still make calls and get billed for the extra minutes or i can no longer make calls?

11 REPLIES 11

@Edsport 

You data just stops. 

You can't be billed for data in excess of what you have pre-purchased.

If you need more, you can purchase a data add-on from your self serve account.

The data you add on doesn't expire until consumed. 

Edsport

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edsport wrote:

Thanks everyone. I got another question. What about the data, do the data stop working or do it keep working and i will get billed for what i goes over the 250mb?

@Edsport 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your minutes or data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Edsport

Thanks everyone. I got another question. What about the data, do the data stop working or do it keep working and i will get billed for what i goes over the 250mb?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edsport 

when your minutes or data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve, Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review of Add-ons visit Here link.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Edsport wrote:

Hi, i'm on the $15 plan. If i go over my 100 calling minutes, can i still make calls and get billed for the extra minutes or i can no longer make calls?

@Edsport 

PM plans are prepaid, not pay-per-use/pay-as-you-go, so once your allocated minutes are finished, your calls out just stop. You can either buy an add-on (Canada long distance @$5) , use the International 500 minutes gift which include Canada calls this year, renew your plan early or uprade your plan to another one that offers unlimited minutes.

One thing you can do for free is add a voip app like Textnow to supplement your PM minutes. It offers unlimited free calls and texts in Canada and US.

I always use it when calling a number (toll free or not) that I know could put me on hold for a long time. That way I'm sure I won't waste my PM minutes. And it also provideS a great backup means to make calls or texts when PM networks are down for whatever reason, or when you make a trip to the US.

@Edsport 

Most customers with the $15 plan purchase the $5/500min add on to supplement the plan so you don't get cut off during an important call. They can last a very long time....the first one I bought took nearly 22 months to finally use up. If you want to save the holiday gift international long distance calling minutes add on for its value (worth up to $0.05/min) then be sure to add the $5/500min add on so the international minutes don't get used if you use up your plan minutes.

Fongo is also a great suggestion and I use the app to call my voicemail and my neighbour (also on a pm $15 plan) and many local numbers where I know I may be put on hold for awhile. Fongo will also work on mobile data (0.5mb=1min/250mb=500min) and can be used as a workaround for international roaming or the inability to connect to a 3G network if the 4G LTE network is available.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Once you reach your 100 minutes then you won't be able to make any calls.  You can purchase an add-on for $5 for 500 minutes.  The add-on remains in your account until used up and will rollover to the next month.

Edsport

Thanks.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Edsport 

Once you exceed the 100 outgoing minutes, you can no longer make any outgoing calls. 

The great thing about Public Mobile pre-paid is you can't be billed additional for services you don't already have or haven't subscribed to.

You can purchase a $5.00 add-on which provides 500 minutes.  This add-on never expires until it is consumed.

Another option is to download a calling app, like Fongo, which can supplement your outgoing calling limit each cycle.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Edsport  It does not work like that. If you use your 100 minutes then you can't call unless you buy an add-on.

The good news is there is a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes. This stays on your account till it is all used up. So if one month you use all 100 plan minutes the system will dip into the 500 add-on minutes. When your plan renews for the next month you would start using your 100 plan minutes that renewed and the $5 add-on, with whatever remaining minutes, will sit in the background until the next time it is needed to be used.

Also currently if you are joining there is free holiday gifts for next few days. 2gig data add-on and 500 long distance minutes. Long distance minutes can also be used to call in Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.